Talk

Advanced search

Applying to be a Teaching Assistant

(4 Posts)
Lotty32 Sat 11-Jan-20 14:24:17

Hi I'm a 46 year old mum who wants to return to work as a TA. I am applying to local primary schools but just wondered and hopes for any advice please. Thx

AdrenalineJunkieMummy Mon 13-Jan-20 21:55:25

I would say think of several times you’ve helped someone and incorporate it in to your cover letter. Mention that your a mum as well! Lots of people want to be teaching assistants...what makes you better than the rest or different? If you don’t already there are lots of little courses which would improve your cv (if you don’t already have them) e.g special needs courses, first aid, sign language. They don’t often advertise on the job searches I find but if you go direct to the school websites they will have a list of job vacancies. There are also usually TA courses on Groupon & Wowcher which may help get your foot in the door 🙂 Good luck

Lotty32 Mon 13-Jan-20 22:43:51

Thx so much I have spent 3 years helping year 1/2s with their reading as part of a reading scheme so hoping that may help! Also I can offer total flexibility and have all my checks!

insanepizza Mon 13-Jan-20 22:54:29

Volunteering in a school is a good start so your in a good position to get an interview. If you want to know anything specific just ask.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »