CIPD LEVEL 5

(8 Posts)
Xxxwhattodonextxxx Wed 08-Jan-20 20:36:16

Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to do this via the distance learning method. There are loads of different providers, I am not sure who the best ones are. Also, how long is it taking people to do this whilst working full time with kids etc.... it is an expensive qualification so I am trying to get realistic views . TIA

OP’s posts: |
BadJanetsMobile Tue 28-Apr-20 17:57:23

Hi Op did you ever start the CIPD? I am looking into it now and ran a mumsnet search to see what had previously been disused

BuffaloCauliflower Tue 28-Apr-20 18:07:46

@BadJanetsMobile I’m currently doing the CIPD masters/level 7 whilst working and feeling monumentally stressed! I did a different degree before though and didn’t work up through CIPD levels

BadJanetsMobile Tue 28-Apr-20 18:11:40

@buffalo im looking at level 5. I graduated 8 years ago so definitely out of study practice
I am also working full time. .im sure this is not going to be easy can you reccomend any forums or Facebook pages for support etc?

BuffaloCauliflower Tue 28-Apr-20 18:17:39

@BadJanetsMobile unless your work is funding it or you’ve got a lot of money, it’s much more cost effective to do the masters if you already have a degree, because you can get a student loan to pay for it, which you can’t for the level 5. I only graduated about 4 years before starting but there’s a huge range in the class of people who’ve just left uni, left 15 years ago, and even people who’ve never done a degree at all, so not having been in education for a while probably wouldn’t be an issue. The work load will be similar. Don’t know any groups I’m afraid, never looked for any

BuffaloCauliflower Tue 28-Apr-20 18:18:29

I’ve also done it part time whilst working full time. Negotiated some flexibility with work who’ve been accommodating because it benefits them

BadJanetsMobile Tue 28-Apr-20 19:02:46

Ill look into 7 then never even considered it to be honest!! Thanks @buffallo all the best!!!

nuttymomma Wed 29-Apr-20 11:46:07

I finished it in 3 months but got to pay it off over 2 years so I feel it was a waste of money TBH. You still need the experience to go with it in order to get a job and you will be expected to start at the bottom.

Don't waste your money doing one unless you have the time to get some HR experience too, even voluntary, or unless you are willing to take a pay cut (assuming you are already on a decent salary).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in