Talk

Advanced search

LinkedIn Privacy Mode

(5 Posts)
raisinseverywhere Fri 22-Nov-19 20:18:05

I’m looking for a new job and want to research all my competitor’s companies and their profiles etc but without them knowing as I work in a very small industry.

If I set my LinkedIn to private mode I understand that I can look at profiles without them being notified. But when I then set my profile to public, would they then be notified, even if I don’t then look at their profiles again?

UpperLowercaseSymbolNumber Fri 22-Nov-19 20:19:16

Set up a second account

Turnedouttoes Fri 22-Nov-19 20:21:35

No they won’t but individual people may get a message saying “people from X company have been viewing your profile”
I have private mode permanently on as I have a premium account and a couple of friends guessed I was looking at their profiles from this blush

raisinseverywhere Fri 22-Nov-19 20:44:43

I’ve tried to set up a second account but it wouldn’t let me, even using a different email address.

raisinseverywhere Fri 22-Nov-19 20:58:47

Ok just managed to set up a second account with slightly different contact information and set it up so that my identifying email address will be hidden.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »