Talk

Advanced search

Jobs working from home

(5 Posts)
Staceywaceywooo Fri 22-Nov-19 18:28:25

Hey,

I left my office job in 2018 after my maternity leave ended. I loved my job, the people and the place but my husband got a new job while I was on maternity leave and it would have been difficult for me to go back to work.

I miss work, I don't necessarily miss going to work and I definitely don't miss the bitchiness of an office but I do miss having a job that I have to think about.

Are there any legitimate jobs that you can do from home? And by that I mean I don't want paid surveys or selling products.

I've been looking for data input jobs but can't seem to find anything.

Just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction?

Thanks xx

GeePipe Fri 22-Nov-19 21:09:45

No help but im in the same position. I work a part time zero hour job and my boss hates me so i need additional income. I always hear of people who work from home but what do they do?!

CmdrCressidaDuck Fri 22-Nov-19 21:13:30

Mostly they do skilled knowledge work for corporates who allow remote working or skilled freelancing.

Copywriting, graphic design, software design, technical and academic writing, virtual PA, accountancy.

Minta85 Sun 24-Nov-19 11:06:54

Freelance editing and proofreading can be done from home.

BackforGood Sun 24-Nov-19 11:33:07

I always hear of people who work from home but what do they do?!

Overwhelmingly, they will be people who have a job WOTH, who have then negotiated to work some, or all of their time from their home. I would say I 'work from home' as I do all my admin and planning and writing up at home, but I'm not self employed, and I'm also expected to be working for core hours mostly so wouldn't be able to do it with a baby to look after at home.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »