Talk

Advanced search

HM Land Registry Maternity Policy

(10 Posts)
MeadowHay Wed 30-Oct-19 09:09:13

Hi,

Surprise surprise, I can't find their mat policy anywhere. Specifically I want to know length of service required before enhanced mat pay. Does anyone know the answer to this? I'm sure I could request a copy of the policy but doubt that would go down well...thanks!

YobaOljazUwaque Wed 30-Oct-19 21:39:13

Wouldn't all the various branches of government agencies like this have a common policy?

8by8 Wed 30-Oct-19 21:48:56

No, their policies are not all the same.

Sorry I don’t know the answer for the LR.

I wonder if you could ask anonymous? Eg get a friend to ask? Agree you can’t really ask if you’re interviewing there.

CatToddlerUprising Wed 30-Oct-19 22:05:27

I know with the DWP it’s one year to receive the enhanced pay. It could be similar for the Land Registry, if not- it could be a starting point

Velveteenfruitbowl Wed 30-Oct-19 22:07:39

If you are offered a position surely it will be in your contract?

CatToddlerUprising Wed 30-Oct-19 22:18:52

Slight amendment- 52 weeks service by the 14th week before due date

MeadowHay Wed 30-Oct-19 22:19:46

I am inclined to think it is one year as well but I want to know one year before which date? E.g. NHS is 1 year by the 11th week before the due date. Which is obviously less than one year before the beginning of a pregnancy iyswim.

I am debating whether to apply for a position and this information will factor into my decision making process. I don't want to apply unless I would definitely take the job if offered.

Isleepinahedgefund Thu 31-Oct-19 05:38:23

Just ask them! It won't reflect on any application you make. Whoever sees your application won't know you asked to see the policy beforehand.

This is the recruitment team email - found it on a current HMLR job ad.

hrresourcingTeam2@landregistry.gov.uk

MirkwoodMiss Thu 31-Oct-19 19:33:36

Why can't you ask the question? ....and why wouldn't it go down well? You know that HMLR is an equal opportunities employer and are completely transparent in all HR matters, right? If you are worried about going through your line manager, you can ask any manager in confidence.

WhenTheDragonsCame Thu 31-Oct-19 19:48:50

This is old so it might have changed.

I started working for LR in September 2007 and conceived in November 2007. I was entitled to 6 months full maternity pay and 3 months statutory pay.

I think as long as you weren't already pregnant when you started you were entitled to full enhancements.

Obviously that was 12 years ago and I haven't worked there for about 6 years so it might be different now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »