Talk

Advanced search

What would have done differently to have improved on your performance?

(6 Posts)
lljkk Mon 07-Oct-19 18:18:24

... is the appraisal question I have to fill in.

What kinds of things have you written to answer this kind of thing before, eek.

For context, I started 8 months ago. I jumped industry... like if a clinical nurse started working in academia, or a car-mechanic started teaching at a FE college. I'm not sure what "good performance" is in my job... I might write something about not being nervous in presentations. eek Any suggestions appreciated.

lljkk Mon 07-Oct-19 19:30:45

ooh... go me. I start the most boring threads.

Mylittlepony374 Mon 07-Oct-19 19:38:31

How about sought advice from .....(someone/place/resource who has experience) prior to ...(task you've completed?)

That's worked for me in past. Better research before I started, better planning, better use of people with relevant experience etc etc ?

lljkk Mon 07-Oct-19 19:39:55

... being brand new I asked for guidance constantly. Mostly from the guy who is doing the appraisal, so he can attest.

Honestly can't think of anything, irk.

JontyDoggle37 Mon 07-Oct-19 19:51:50

Put “ I would have asked for a mentor in another part of the organisation so I could learn about the wider organisation at the same time as my specific role”.

lljkk Tue 08-Oct-19 08:39:45

I was hired to specifically replace my boss (seconded to cover someone else on mat'y leave), so he was the person whose duties I needed to undertake. There's like an hour of CPD possible once every 2-3 weeks, but that's all for not usual work duties. There wasn't scope to shadow someone else.

Part of the job is lots of corporate comms to learn, anyway.

hmm!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »