Talk

Advanced search

AIBU?

(1 Post)
BR92 Sun 06-Oct-19 12:04:02

I work for a large chain, and we regularly have to go to other stores to cover them when they are short staffed. I work in a small town store that isn't overly busy and is a 20 minute drive from home which is perfect for me and I cope well with working and being pregnant. The issue I have is that I have been asked to cover a store in the nearest city which will take me at least another 30 minutes to drive to (sometimes a lot more if I get stuck in rush hour traffic) it's is about 4x the size and extremely busy. I have worked there a couple of times in the last month and have found it increasingly difficult to cope with the work load and also the longer commuting times. I have requested not to be sent here due to finding it difficult, and on top of that because it is so exhausting and I end up with backache etc, it makes my anxiety worse which I suffer with due to having still born twins at the beginning of the year, this whole pregnancy is already a worry because of that and when I work there lt just gets worse because physically I don't feel right and I'm scared of doing anything that might harm this baby. All I'm asking for is a little bit of consideration when it comes to my location of work, I have never fussed about working elsewhere before and i feel I have a valid reason for my request but my manager contacted HR and they told him it is perfectly reasonable to send me there to work so basically I have to just suck it up and get on with it ☹️ are they right? am I just being over the top about it all? Thanks in advance for any help.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »