Talk

Advanced search

Term time Job Vs part time job

(2 Posts)
Luna9 Sat 05-Oct-19 07:39:53

I am considering applying for a term time job in a school, not a teaching position. I have been working part time for 11 years since my first child was born; this has worked well for the me and all the family as I have plenty of time with the children but have also been able to keep my career, have an income and have time for myself and shores on the days I am off and the kids are at school.; however I have not been completely happy in my current job for various reasons and feel like a change. I have never worked in the education sector and wonder what is like and whether I should look for another part time job or a term time job. It is difficult to find a part time job in the level I am at the moment.

Not sure what it will be better for my career in the long term. The term time job FTE salary is 7k less (if I worked full time) of what I earn at the moment. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Luna9 Sat 05-Oct-19 09:27:28

Bumming

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »