Talk

Advanced search

Maternity leave- work shutting me off and overpaid??

(1 Post)
Hannie123 Mon 30-Sep-19 16:16:02

Hi everyone!
Just wanted for someone more knowledgeable than me to give me some advice. My LO is only 6 weeks so I have a while before I head back to work. I work in a school and when I handed in my matb1 form to them along with the type of maternity leave I’m taking, they lost it. So I had to go back to the midwife and get another form etc. However, I never received anything in writing to confirm my leave or pay or anything regarding my maternity leave. Are you supposed too? I was so busy at the time (moving homes and getting sick I just got tired of chasing HR about everything by this point. I’m actually worried I’m being overpaid and want to avoid this at all cost. If I am being overpaid, I want to give it back ASAP and obviously not spend any of it. However, since being on leave, I now cannot access my work emails! Also, the person in charge of everything has now left. I am using my personal email to communicate with them but honestly they have been no help at all. I have requested all my payslips to be sent to me so I can check it. But since I never received anything before, how am I supposed to know how much I’m entitled too?

I will probably call the headteacher tomorrow and have a chat. But the overall work environment is very poor and nobody seems to have any answers. But can anyone advise me on this as I’m really worried. Should I have received anything before I left work? How can I ensure I’m not being overpaid?

This really is the last thing I want to be dealing with while having a newborn!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »