Talk

Advanced search

Career change from nursing

(2 Posts)
Loti92 Tue 10-Sep-19 15:12:11

I have been working as a children’s nurse for almost 6 years now.
Although I love working with the children and seeing how wonderfully brave children are I feel like I can no longer continue to work as a nurse.
It’s physically draining me and I feel like I dread going to work. It’s making me stressed and anxious and I have fallen out of love with being a nurse.

I have no idea what I should move onto next?
I wouldn’t mind still working with children but I have no interest in working in healthcare or as part of the nhs.

I’m currently pregnant with 2nd child and I’m hoping after my maternity leave I can change jobs to something less stressful and easier to have a work life balance.

If anyone has left working as a nurse or in healthcare what have you gone on to do?

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to here!

Thank you x

Jaffacakesaremyfave Tue 10-Sep-19 18:17:03

I'm in the same boat OP (not a nurse but fed up with the NHS and the stress isn't worth it). I know you said you didn't want to stay in healthcare but a few of my nurse friends have started businesses offering cosmetic fillers and work from home which you could easily fit around DC.

If you enjoy working with children, have you considered becoming a childminder or nursery nurse? I guess it really depends on whether you are willing to retrain and how much of a paycut you can afford to take.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »