Talk

Advanced search

Working as a Botox practitioner

(3 Posts)
fandabbyfannyflutters Sun 01-Sep-19 17:33:31

I am a qualified nurse , have non medical prescribing qualification but not the v300.
Anyone know what steps I would need to get started? Then if I did get all I needed to get set up where do people who do this tend to work? Mobile? From home? At a clinic? What kind of outgoings and income could one expect ?
Sorry for so many questions but I'd be so happy if anyone could help

GummyGoddess Sun 01-Sep-19 17:36:40

My mum does it from home but also sometimes goes into a salon or the dentist to do a day if they book a full list of clients in advance.

Can't help you with finances though!

EllebellyBeeblebrox Sun 01-Sep-19 17:41:47

I've been pondering this too, qualified nurse and have my v100 (community prescribing) but not v300 and my trust wouldn't fund that as not relevant to my current role. As I understand it at the moment I'd have to link up with a GP/practitioner who would be happy to see the patient and prescribe the meds, then I could give it after I'd done an aesthetics course and sorted insurance etc for working privately. I couldn't self fund the v300 so kind of stuck, so I've put it on the back burner but if you're in a position to do some work in an aesthetics role that would be beneficial I think. Although as I understand it fillers are not prescribed so you could start with that? Good luck, i think there's a huge amount of flexibility in the hours etc and extra pennies to be made in it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »