Talk

Advanced search

15 year old looking for work

(5 Posts)
rachococo Sat 31-Aug-19 07:35:40

Hi, we are struggling to get my 15 year old daughter a part time job in the Knutsford/Northwich area, we have tried everywhere but always face a response if ‘try again when she is 16...’ She would also be a great babysitter!! I was wondering if anyone could recommend any new approaches to helping her get some work while she has the motivation!! Thanks

Laurie01 Sat 31-Aug-19 07:48:14

Do you have a local knutsford Facebook page? Perhaps ask on there if anyone needs babysitters? Ask your neighbours too. My daughter had the same issue and started working at 16.

OtraCosaMariposa Sat 31-Aug-19 07:55:51

What are her reasons for wanting to work? If it's about getting out there, gaining experience and learning new things, then volunteering until she is 16 might be a good idea. Most of the large charity shop chains take kids over the age of 14. Then with experience working in a shop, serving customers and operating the till she's better placed to get a "proper job" when she's 16.

Oblomov19 Sat 31-Aug-19 08:03:40

Ds1 managed to get a job in a fish and chip shop when he was 15 and all his friends were dead jealous because jobs are like gold dust, so don't fret OP - jobs are harder to get than it was for us, years ago.

Agree with her babysitting. She would make good money.

Advertise for her - do you have any friends who are still on primary school WhatsApp groups?

And are you on a local 'Norwich chatter' Facebook group - our one is fabulous and she would get lots of babysitting there.

Hoppinggreen Sun 01-Sep-19 17:16:14

Look locally
My DD earns a decent amount looking after pets when people go away.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »