Talk

Advanced search

Redundancy and Performance Plan

(6 Posts)
nrpmum Tue 27-Aug-19 14:30:17

We were put at risk of redundancy in July. Reality is they are closing the office I work in and absorbing the role in other departments across several offices that are over 100 miles from where I live. I cannot relocate.

I have found another job. I start this end of next month.

Back story re performance plan. I got married last year. At work they changed some, but not all of the systems despite constant nagging. Fast forward to now they have advised me that I am not logging customer detail at all on a specific system. I am, and I have been all along. I'm fuming because I do my job properly. They are telling me that they have fixed it (I doubt it) and that if they can't see me logging customer details accurately they'll put me on a performance plan. Do I have to accept this, or can I tell them to fuck off?

OP’s posts: |
HRHPrincessMegan Wed 28-Aug-19 21:40:48

I don’t understand. Is it the company that you are leaving/being made redundant from threatening the performance plan?

isawfireworks Wed 28-Aug-19 21:43:44

I don't understand either 🤷🏻‍♀️

leghairdontcare Wed 28-Aug-19 21:52:35

Have you handed in your notice or are you expecting to be made redundant? Do you think they're trying to avoid paying redundancy? They're entitled to follow up whatever disciplinary process they want as long as you're still employed but you'd hope common sense would prevail.

CloudsCanLookLikeSheep Wed 28-Aug-19 22:17:38

They're unlikely to pursue a PIP when you're leaving.

nrpmum Thu 29-Aug-19 14:02:41

@CloudsCanLookLikeSheep thanks. Yes, thankfully they finally fixed the glitch and have found all the details I logged so have apologised profusely.

I wasn't overly worried about redundancy, it was more my reputation that I was concerned for, especially as I've been offered another role within the same arena.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in