Talk

Advanced search

Should l turn interview down?

(3 Posts)
Fishfingersandwichplease Wed 17-Jul-19 15:26:00

Been looking for a job in a school for ages....spent a year volunteering at a school to get some experience and a relevant reference (already work part time but in a totally different field and first interview feedback was l need more experience). Had quite a few interviews and always had good feedback but never quite made it to job offer....always told l was second choice, so close but not close enough😕decided a while ago sod it don't bother any more - each application takes ages, interviews can be a good 2 or 3 hours and half the time they know who they are going to give the job to before they see anyone. But l keep getting emails with local vacancies. A job has come up, l applied for it on a whim and typical have been invited to interview. Not sure what to do as the hours mean my daughter would have to go to breakfast and after school club which would eat into my wages so financially possibly not worth making the move. But l am getting on a bit so if l don't make the move soon l will be stuck in my dead end job forever - lovely little job but only cos it fits in with school and was never meant to be long term. Shall l go to interview??

coragreta Wed 17-Jul-19 15:37:40

Go. You can always decline on the day if you decide it's not right.

Redcliff Thu 18-Jul-19 18:54:47

It is all good experience- even if they offer you the job you don't have to take it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »