Talk

Advanced search

Help with career path!

(2 Posts)
TheBananaInPyjamas Mon 15-Jul-19 18:17:48

I really want to change my career path but have literally no idea what I want to do.

I'm late 20s and working as a youth worker on £25,000. I'm technically a manager although pay doesn't reflect that.

I don't enjoy the job anymore. I find it incredibly stressful, and this is now affecting my health.

I think I'd quite like to work for a charity, but have no fundraising experience. I definitely want to get away from youth work or youth offending.

I don't want to go into teaching - was a TA and hated it.

Any advice for a lost soul? I find myself trying not to cry on a weekly basis. Stress headaches every day. I need a get out but just don't know what!

bigshiplittleboat Wed 17-Jul-19 15:52:59

I felt like this a few years ago - no idea what I would do, trained as a professional musician and had experience working with community groups. I found a site called third sector jobs and just browsed for a long time until I had a clearer picture, there are loads and loads of things you could do with your skill set from your current job. I ended up in a job where the management was a bit mad unfortunately so I left and have just completed a masters. It's taken me a few years but I now know what direction I'm headed in, good luck with your journey

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »