Talk

Advanced search

Work From Home

(13 Posts)
LolaSmiles Wed 17-Jul-19 22:09:33

Once you find your rhythm, how you work best and set your schedule then it actually falls quite easily.
I used to block off half a morning a week to go to yoga/pilates.

The difficulty for me was more other people (e.g. I had relatives near by who didn't drive and would call up asking for lifts seeing as I was at home, house mates wanting me to just do..) It takes quite s bit of discipline to be polite and firm in saying no.

MommaJP Wed 17-Jul-19 22:06:10

@Hoppinggreen so have you always done that from home then?
If you enjoy it too that's awesome

@LolaSmiles that's one of the concerns for me is struggling to get stuff done or spending too much time doing it 🙈

LolaSmiles Wed 17-Jul-19 21:35:04

I used to have a job that allowed me to work my prep time from home. I enjoyed it.

The main problem I found was housemates not appreciating that I'm at home working. They'd ask me to "just" do things or "seeing as you're in can you do .."

Hoppinggreen Wed 17-Jul-19 21:27:43

I love it, I’ve only been doing it a couple of years and I wish I had known It was a real job ages ago

MommaJP Wed 17-Jul-19 21:01:01

@Hoppinggreen that sounds really cool flexibility but not always at home.

Hoppinggreen Tue 16-Jul-19 22:18:13

Relocation consultant
I do meet with clients and if we are doing a home search obviously I am out and about but mostly I am at home

Mammysboys2 Tue 16-Jul-19 14:15:13

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MommaJP Mon 15-Jul-19 15:53:05

Neton10 fair play!! Love that you were able to do that.

I've done a bit of everything but mainly customer service, compliance & HR I do enjoy it, hours are good but no chance for more money or to do more as such.

NEtoN10 Mon 15-Jul-19 14:05:33

No I worked in house for 6 years then set up my own company. It suited me as I like to work intense and quickly in short bursts so a 8-5 used to get on my nerves.

What is your background?

MommaJP Mon 15-Jul-19 10:57:02

Thank you Kaz,

Neton10,
Have you always done it from home or started within an office ?
Sounds like a complex job.

NEtoN10 Mon 15-Jul-19 09:37:53

Yes I work from home. I'm a freelance marketing manager. It was great when I was pregnant and I'm doing two days from home when DS is 7 months. I like it. You need a lot of discipline seems to be love/hate . I used to like working really hard all morning non stop then having the afternoon off

Kaz2200 Mon 15-Jul-19 09:27:53

Bumping for you because I'm looking for the same.

MommaJP Sun 14-Jul-19 21:38:14

Hey, just wondering if anyone has a job which enables them to work from home?

If so what is it you do? And how did you get in to it ? How do you find it with work/life balance ?

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »