Talk

Advanced search

Resigned from job after 3 months - will I have to declare this on my CV?

(11 Posts)
Thesummeriwas16 Sun 14-Jul-19 08:36:11

Yes, that was what I was thinking! I suppose I will just have to be honest!

TeachesOfPeaches Sat 13-Jul-19 21:11:49

Won't they see it on your p45?

Thesummeriwas16 Sat 13-Jul-19 21:06:57

Hmmmm.......the more I think about it the more worried I get!

Medicaltextbook Sat 13-Jul-19 19:31:33

There’s is nothing to say you have to put it on your cv. I don’t know whether there is a record of employment. I doubt national because the IT systems seem to be different - maybe within the same trust, even then would they look at it until after the interview stage?

crankyassnoperope Sat 13-Jul-19 19:27:07

You don't have to list every single job on your CV. I just put "Key employment" and then list only the few roles most relevant to what I'm applying for, with detail as to why they're so relevant. If they ask for your full employment history obviously don't hide it.

Thesummeriwas16 Sat 13-Jul-19 19:24:09

If I don't put it on my CV could they find out anyway? I work in the NHS but I would be applying for work at a different hospital.

Laura221 Sat 13-Jul-19 14:51:03

Just dont put it on your cv. You dont have to put everything on it.

helacells Sat 13-Jul-19 13:40:06

Why mention it at all?

swirlette Sat 13-Jul-19 12:44:30

Be honest, and talk about how it made you realise what you value in a role etc.

Cabezona Sat 13-Jul-19 12:38:16

I have seen some people lie and say it was a short term contract. Otherwise, you could be honest and say the place wasn't for you and you aren't financially constrained to work in a place that you don't like. They will either find the honesty refreshing or say no to you because of it but is that a bad thing?

Thesummeriwas16 Sat 13-Jul-19 11:49:06

Hello there,

I just wanted a little advice please. I've had over 10 years out of the workplace due to health issues but started a new job earlier this year. Unfortunately it hasn't worked out - the training is very poor and the atmosphere in the office is dire. For the sake of my own mental health I felt I had no choice but to resign. I wondered how this will affect my employment chances in the future though - do I have to include this job on my CV?

Many thanks in advance of your replies.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »