Talk

Advanced search

Finding a new job when pregnant

(5 Posts)
fuckwitseverywhere Sat 06-Jul-19 08:47:27

You wouldn't be entitled to SMP but you would get maternity allowance from the government. I think that you just get the lower rate and not the 6 weeks at 90%

tisonlymeagain Sat 06-Jul-19 08:27:34

Have never had an enhanced maternity pay in any job hmm but more concerned about being eligible for SMP as I think you have to have worked for the employer a certain amount of time.

Good to know they can't not offer me the job because I'm pregnant.

Blankspace4 Fri 05-Jul-19 22:45:00

You probably wouldn’t be entitled to any enhanced maternity pay if you started with a new employer when pregnant.

Nikhedonia Fri 05-Jul-19 22:44:01

You don't have disclose you are pregnant and a decent employer would still give you a role. Especially as it would be against the law to not give you a job because you are pregnant.

Up to you if you'd rather look for a fixed term contract, if you don't feel comfortable with applying for a permanent role (although there's no reason you shouldn't)

tisonlymeagain Fri 05-Jul-19 18:39:30

Not an ideal situation to be but I believe for reasons out of my control I am going to have to find another job soon.

I am currently 9 weeks pregnant.

I think I know the answer to this but is any company going to give me a job when I am pregnant?

And also if I switch jobs now would I be entitled to maternity pay?

So fed up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »