Talk

Advanced search

What do you do working from home?

(18 Posts)
Batsypatsy Mon 08-Jul-19 15:48:31

They weren't actually local. They closed the company, not sure who did the inventories afterwards.

DianaT1969 Mon 08-Jul-19 13:17:12

Who picked up the inventory work in your area when they closed? If you ask some estate agents they might let you know about demand.

Batsypatsy Mon 08-Jul-19 11:06:50

I used to do that, but the company closed that I worked for.

I can't afford to pay £6000 to train as travel agent!

DianaT1969 Sun 07-Jul-19 19:29:47

As you have worked in lettings, would inventory reports be an option? You could either type them for inventory agencies, or for more income, partner with some clerks and you do all the business side - typing and compiling eports, archiving, insurance, phone calls, while the clerks go out and inspect properties. I guess it will depend on demand in your area.

MaybeitsMaybelline Sun 07-Jul-19 14:10:29

www.haystravel.co.uk/careers/homeworking?ref=ptcppc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI0ZiQ0fCi4wIViaztCh1L4Qr6EAAYASAAEgKbffD_BwE

Batsypatsy Sun 07-Jul-19 00:04:56

I looked on the jet2 website but can't see any jobs working from home.

Batsypatsy Sat 06-Jul-19 22:28:40

Sorry just seen these replies. Thanks. I'd love to be a travel agent but have no training. I've worked for an estate agent and letting agent in the past, but no idea how to set up on my own.
Work as a virtual assistant would be ok, what is essential is that I earn enough to support myself as I'm single and I understand universal credit does not help.

JoanMavisIcecreamGirl Fri 05-Jul-19 15:22:53

I have seen some jobs for jet2 which are home based travel agent, im in west Yorkshire though so it could be regional - worth a look though!

DontPressSendTooSoon Fri 05-Jul-19 15:18:13

I do HR advice and support. I WFH some days and travel about my region on others. Love not being in an office.. I think I'm an office phobe now after 7 years of it. Can be hard to progress though as there are not many jobs like this.

tobee Wed 03-Jul-19 16:59:33

I work as a freelance tutor of efl to adults. I have a celta qualification. Not exactly raking it in but I need to put in more effort to get clients really. grin

SmiledWithTheRisingSun Tue 02-Jul-19 09:37:55

If you're good at admin OP you can put yourself on https://www.upwork.com
Be a virtual PA ?

okkkorniienko Tue 02-Jul-19 09:12:44

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Batsypatsy Sun 30-Jun-19 10:56:49

Thanks. I've done transcription work before but it definitely didn't pay enough to live off, I was typing all the time and earning a pittance.

susan198130 Mon 24-Jun-19 11:18:32

I do transcription work from home. There's lots of agencies out there that you can sign up with for free, and then you get allocated work. The pay isn't great, but it definitely helps.

MsMarvellous Tue 18-Jun-19 12:26:36

I'm a virtual PA. I have a law degree and worked with lawyers for a long time before redundancy so I have picked up work with ex lawyers / small sole trade lawyers.

Batsypatsy Fri 14-Jun-19 08:40:12

Thanks. I used to do that but the pay was so poor I couldn't support myself now I'm divorced.

I am fluent in another language but not qualified as a translator so not able to work as one.

elQuintoConyo Fri 14-Jun-19 08:28:09

A relative is an audio typist. Been doing it 13+ years now, loads of work. She types do fast!
DH also works from home but is a translator, no use to you if you aren't fluent in a second language!

I hope you find something that fits around you and helps improve your mental health flowers

Batsypatsy Fri 14-Jun-19 08:22:35

Having been ill for a while I need to start working again. I was self employed as a typist and have no qualifications as anything else. I'm divorced and need to be able to support myself. Any ideas what I could do? I can't afford to retrain. I have mental health problems that make it difficult for me to get out of the house a lot of the time (phobias) so ideally need to be working from home.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »