Talk

Advanced search

Domestic Cleaner Kick Up The Bum/Help!

(2 Posts)
Clean123 Tue 21-May-19 14:12:39

Hi,

I work 3 days a week and find that during my days off I feel like I just waste time doing nothing so I have thought about advertising to clean people's homes and gaining some extra money. How would this work along side my current job as in would I be ridiculously taxed?

Also can anyone give advice on just going for it? Today I think it's a great idea but I know that eventually I will talk myself out of it through doubt and fear and believing that I won't be able to make anything of it. Why do we do that to ourselves? Am I ridiculous for even thinking of starting this up?

Thanks for any help!

RicStar Wed 22-May-19 05:42:15

You would have to pay tax via a tax return at end of the year. How much depends what you earn in your main job. You also need to check your main job contract does not rule out other employment/ self employment.

You will need business insurance (may be available via your current home insurance).

You need to decide if you will provide you own cleaning clothes / equipment or if you will use the customers. You can off set costs so insurance / cloths etc / petrol / advertising cards against your income before you pay tax. You probably want a work phone or sim card.

I think you probably won't make a fortune but that depends on demand in your area.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »