30 hours free childcare

(3 Posts)
Mouseinateapot Tue 19-Mar-19 18:47:21

My husband is set up as a limited company and pays himself dividends rather than wages. I checked with the childcare helpline a while ago if this was okay for us to apply for the 30 hours funding (I'm employed) and they said yes.

However, having applied we've just heard back that dividends aren't acceptable so we need a payslip to show proof of wages. They said he can pay himself a lump sum, then get a payslip from his accountant to show that this amount is wages from the last few months and that he doesn't need PAYE set up to be able to do this.

He spoke to his accountant and she says she can't produce a payslip without first setting up a PAYE account, which will take a couple of weeks to set up. We need the childcare code to come through before the 1st April in order to take up his place at nursery, so we don't really have a couple of weeks to wait.

Does anyone know if we can produce a pay slip without having set up PAYE or has been in a similar situation and found a way around it?

OP’s posts: |
MrBobLoblaw Wed 20-Mar-19 07:25:30

Can't help OP but bumping in case someone else can

Mouseinateapot Wed 20-Mar-19 08:09:05

Thank you, it's all sorted! Turns out the two people I'd previously spoken to at HMRC had given me the wrong information, but someone else sorted it out last night.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in