Advanced search

Pop up play cafe

(4 Posts)
KondoKonvert Thu 28-Feb-19 14:44:57


I hope someone more knowledgeable can help me!

I'd like to open a play cafe in my local area (semi-rural Scotland) but to gauge interest, I'd like to try a couple of pop-up events in the local village hall to get some feedback on pricing/facilities/ preferred catering.

My questions are:
1. Do I need some kind of licence to sell food and non-alcoholic beverages in a village hall? I've attended events there that are charity/not for profit, but I wasn't sure on the position for a commercial event.

2. I'd need to complete a food hygiene certificate for when I open my business, but will I need this for the pop-up venture?

Thank you!

OP’s posts: |
IWouldPreferNotTo Thu 28-Feb-19 15:33:30

Public liability insurance is something you should have and if you're selling food then having appropriate training and certification in food handling may well be a requirement of the insurance.

babysharkah Thu 28-Feb-19 15:42:13

Yes and yes

KondoKonvert Thu 28-Feb-19 16:17:41

Great - thanks v much. As you might be able to tell, I'm at the very initial stages of thinking about this!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in