Talk

Advanced search

Virtual assistant- is anyone tried this?

(10 Posts)
Mackers123 Tue 15-Jan-19 09:23:39

Hi thinking of looking at a VA role. Has anyone done or doing this? Who are the good company’s to sign up with and any advice would be welcome. thanks

Areeza Fri 08-Feb-19 06:31:12

Hey

I'm a new mum and also looking into becoming a VA.

Have you had any luck getting started?

You could register onto job sites such as Up work, Guru and Peopleperhour etc. to begin with. There are jobs available but the competition is very tough.

ClaireVAWakefield Sun 24-Feb-19 19:46:38

I set up six months ago and love it. Best thing I ever did. What do you want to know?

Mackers123 Mon 25-Feb-19 17:37:24

ClaireVAWakefield thanks. I would love advice on the best online sites to use. I am a little rusty as been working in the leisure industry do you think I would get jobs or is the competition quite fierce, I don't mind what I do?

ClaireVAWakefield Mon 25-Feb-19 17:53:50

Online sites are not a great way to try and get work, they always end up going to the lowest priced person and you end up working for nothing, lol. Trust me I've tried it all!
Best thing to do it get out there networking and get clients who will pay the hourly rate you deserve. I charge £25 per hour x

Mackers123 Mon 25-Feb-19 18:31:39

ClaireVAWakefield how did you go about the networking, I wouldn't know where to start other than there are good local facebook groups where I could try to drum up some roles

ClaireVAWakefield Mon 25-Feb-19 18:43:18

Facebook business networking groups, LinkedIn, face to face meetings! I put a guide together showing how to start up a VA business but I got reported for sharing it before. If you want to find me on Facebook I can help you more. Virtual Assistant Wakefield x

Mackers123 Mon 25-Feb-19 20:24:34

thanks claire, have sent a message x

Mumstheword77 Mon 25-Feb-19 21:46:41

ClaireVAWakefield I tried to pm you but I was unable to pm you.. but if you would be so kind to pm or let me know how you network yourself on facebook. Upwork has fiece competition paying the lowest workers as I too discovered! Are there Agencies I could join and send my CV? Do you contact Company HR departments direct? thanks : )

annie3733 Wed 08-May-19 12:55:09

Hi, I'm looking for freelancers at the moment for Mint Virtual Assistance. If you are still looking for home based work or considering this, then if you would like to look for the name on facebook and there is more information on the page smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »