Advanced search

Self employed insurance.

(3 Posts)
plaitsandlattes Tue 08-Jan-19 14:56:28


I'm new to the self employed malarkey, I work full time as office admin wh8ch pays the bills etc however I'm looking at a few side options to help save for my wedding, it's currently looking like it'll happen in the year 2624 the way my savings are looking.

So the just of this is, I've got my gel manicure & pedicure qualification for occasional appointments, I'm a bit of a craftypants so may sell a few bits and bobs and would also like to dip into weekend childcare for few hours.

The questions are, do you know if I would need separate public and product liability to do all these or if I can combine? And with regards to childcare, it will be for 5-8 year olds, would I need anything other than first aid training to go for this?

Thanks in advance!

delilahbucket Tue 08-Jan-19 22:31:49

Entirely separate insurance policies for each thing as they all have different risks. You may need professional indemnity insurance as well for the beauty side. Consult with a broker to find out what each thing needs. You'll also need to register with ofsted for childcare and you'll need an enhanced CRB check if you don't already have one. If you're doing any work at home you will also need to inform your landlord or mortgage company, home insurer and possibly the council for childcare.

annateresa Wed 30-Jan-19 17:17:39

It all depends on what you will be doing With childcare ask your local council what you are required to have. When you run a business from home like a domestic cleaning agency you need public liability insurance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »