Pricing for services?

(2 Posts)
Naynayba Wed 30-May-18 17:47:13

I've been a sole trader for 10yrs. Up until now I've charged by the hour for my skills and labour - like a plumber. Post divorce however I've had to do a bit of a swerve and was looking for jobs that frankly will pay more and fill the massive gap my husband has left me with envy <-not envy! I'm struggling to get the jobs I'm applying for, but have noticed there is a 'market' to do this work freelance and while I'm pursuing this, I'm wondering about starting a company offering the same as I have a little nest egg to invest and think it might be doable. However, I'm at a loss as to how to price for the jobs? It wouldn't be per hour; it's communications/marketing and coming up with creative ideas etc. and with the overheads of the company involved and potentially staff too it's tricky for me to decide how to go about this. before it was easy - can only work so many hours in a week, overheads and costs very simple and 'fixed' = price per hour.

OP’s posts: |
whatever7991 Thu 31-May-18 12:27:18

Have you thought about signing up to a platform like Upwork where people can pitch for your business and the pay is basically a rate that is agreed beforehand? Might worth doing in this interim period?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in