Talk

Advanced search

Websites & Online Selling - I'd LOVE your advice...

(5 Posts)
thisartist Fri 23-Mar-18 15:15:52

Hi there

I am an artist and have been for over 25 years now. I've enjoyed having a few businesses over the years, all of which have made money - not pots and pots of it but I've made a living whilst my children were small.

I make sales of my own work via my website and in galleries and recently, it's struck me that my work is seasonal! Chocker busy at certain periods then not much - leaving the opportunity to do something else.

I'm a dab hand at Squarespace (a website building and hosting platform) and have lashings of social media knowledge for solopreneurs and small businesses, particularly making sales online.

I'm considering offering out this service (making affordable websites) to my clients & friends, but want to be sure this is something I want to do before I properly commit to it.

In light of that, I am doing a couple of website builds for local clients and really enjoying making them, and making all the graphics too - which is something I also really enjoy (being an artist I guess.

I'd like to make a couple more - for cost really than anything so, if you are thinking about having a website made, perhaps I could make one for you?

Happy to chat further and thanks for reading. Ps, am thinking of calling it 'thisartistmakeswebsites' (nice & simple!)

Sam x

OP’s posts: |
teaiseverything Fri 23-Mar-18 15:23:22

Really like the name smile If you're a decent coder and can help them with SEO (which I'm sure you can) then I think it's a great idea for some extra £££

thisartist Fri 23-Mar-18 15:34:21

Thanks Tea - I really enjoy it all. I'm not great at coding but am learning, SEO is in my blood, I'm a techy all over!

Sam x

OP’s posts: |
teaiseverything Fri 23-Mar-18 15:38:38

I remember trying to learn about SEO and swearing like a sailor on leave and then one day it just clicked, thank god. However, for people who don't have the patience stubborness that I do, I think it'd be great to have a web designer who explains it in an easy to understand manner. Good luck with everything grin

governess Wed 28-Mar-18 21:51:49

SEO changes all the time as Google changes it algorithm.
Structured data, keyword research, website auditing, competition research and even social media monitoring - it can be a mine field.

I just ask my hubby - it's what he does, more than happy to pass on any questions (I know quite bit about from picking Hubby's brains)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in