Chatty Colleague

(2 Posts)
Skyesol Thu 16-Nov-17 10:37:58

Hi all, my dilemma is this.. I work for a small company and only 2-3 of us in the main office. New colleague wants to chat all the time. Every time the person training her (her manager) goes out the room, she strikes up a conversation, it is usually something about her and/or boasting about something or other. She is a nice person really, 15 years my junior so we don't all that in common but this is driving me insane. I like to just come into work to get on with my work, which is finance, so i find this extremely distracting and once our colleague stops being in the office full time, I don't know how I will cope.
I have tried hinting to her i'm not chatty but it falls on death ears. How else can I approach this?

OP’s posts: |
Simmy10 Sun 19-Nov-17 00:28:20

Could it be that new colleague is nervous and wants to be liked and that's why she is striking up a conversation at every available opportunity? Unfortunately I have a habit of doing this when I start a new job! As she gets into her own work tasks and has been there a few weeks the chats might become less.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in