How much to charge for social media management for church?

(7 Posts)
MamaMiaBebe Tue 15-Aug-17 20:26:29

Hello, I was chatting today to someone who works for a local church. As we were chatting, they became interested in my skills with social media. I have a degree in Publishing Media and worked for 6 years in a school. The final 3 years were spent updating the school website and taking charge of their social media.

The woman would like to take me on, on a self-employed basis, to do their social media and website. She needs to speak to some of the other church members to ok it first. But I have no idea what to charge. Would it be better to do an hourly or daily rate? Any suggestions on a fair rate for a local church, who I assume don't have bags of money? I'm not sure what they will be thinking. Any advice much appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
Braveanddifferent Tue 15-Aug-17 20:28:44

I charge half my normal rate for my church. It's only half a day a week and I figure it will put me in God's good books if I do a reduced rate grin

MamaMiaBebe Tue 15-Aug-17 21:25:18

Haha nice one Brave, that's a good idea.

Fekko Tue 15-Aug-17 21:28:57

I'd say they'd be strapped (been there) so they are most likely hoping for 'free'. Beyond that maybe a tenner an hour? I can't see it talking by up much time though.

MamaMiaBebe Wed 16-Aug-17 13:34:07

Ok cool thanks Fekko, it's good to have a ball park figure.

somewhereovertherain Sat 19-Aug-17 14:19:35

I'd double any rate but then wouldn't work for a Church.

GrumpyOldBag Sun 20-Aug-17 19:19:12

Assuming you have the time to do this and wouldn't be taking away time from other clients to do it, then I would think you'd need a few hours a week and I'd charge maximum £12 an hour for a church.

You would charge a lot more for a profit-making organisation.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in