personal assistant for mums or new mums

(7 Posts)
lisab30 Thu 24-Nov-16 23:26:53

Is there a demand for a personal assistant for mums business type thing? I would like to set up a business helping mums with their busy lives e.g arranging a cleaner, to buying gifts. I welcome all feedback

OP’s posts: |
honeysucklejasmine Thu 24-Nov-16 23:27:54

They exist. And are called "mothers helper" or such like. No idea where you find one though.

nannynick Thu 24-Nov-16 23:34:23

Some may have a PA on their staff who coordinates their diary, manages junior staff, arranges things to do with the home. Some may do a combination role of nanny & PA.

Not sure there is much demand - not that many people can afford it but if you are looking at working for the mega rich then yes they do sometimes have a PA or PA/nanny on their staff.

Mass market appeal nope. So your success will very much depend on area I expect.

nannynick Thu 24-Nov-16 23:36:44

Have a look at this for examples of household staff positions.
http://www.randolphsrecruitment.co.uk/

BackforGood Thu 24-Nov-16 23:36:53

They had them on the "Too posh to Parent" programme, if that helps ? grin

maisybobbins Thu 01-Dec-16 22:16:22

I really like this idea - doesn't have to be expensive if mum's can hire you for one morning a week say. Admin, find cleaners, gardeners, decorators, gifts, organise photos, etc etc. I'd have hired one!

Inthenick Fri 02-Dec-16 09:27:47

I think its a great idea but people don't really see it as something they could do. So I suggest marketing and providing a very good explanation of the service, word of mouth etc. would be critical.

There isnt a mum who doesnt struggle at least a bit so being able to call in help for a fixed period of time would be essential. I would offer actual cleaning though rather than 'arranging a cleaner'. I could arrange a cleaner from my bed at 3am if I wanted one but someone who comes in, does a bit of a tidy, puts dinner on, picks up groceries, watches the older kids a bit so I can nap etc. would be a great service. i would definitely consider it for times when I was having a tough week or needed some respite but never knew where to look for this kind of help.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in