Do any MN's work or have experience of Arise- working from home in the UK

(20 Posts)
Wearegoingtobedlehem Fri 10-Jun-16 08:19:37

Hi there,

I am interested in the opportunities that arise are offering in the uk. There are costs involved in setting up - which I think are self explanatory really. But I would just like some feedback really. Any forum posts I can find are either USA based or old.

OP’s posts: |
MissBattleaxe Fri 10-Jun-16 08:22:40

I read their blurb and they take money off you every month.

Wearegoingtobedlehem Fri 10-Jun-16 08:58:19

Thank you, yes they charge for the background check, and the training, and then a monthly fee of £15. I think it's reasonable so long as you do get the hours/ money?

MissBattleaxe Fri 10-Jun-16 09:47:04

I don't think it's reasonable. Is this advertising by stealth?

Wearegoingtobedlehem Fri 10-Jun-16 10:08:15

No not at all, I am genuinely interested to see if it's an opportunity or not- ie do people get the hours.

I have balked at the cost- but some companies do charge you for your background checks. Some companies would make you refund training costs if you left the post within a period of time ( that can't factor with a freelancer).

The monthly fee is a bit ouch but then something has to pay for the infrastructure they supply.

I just simply want to know if anyone has made this work.

Many thanks

Just5minswithDacre Fri 10-Jun-16 10:12:54

It sounds iffy as hell

Wearegoingtobedlehem Fri 10-Jun-16 10:17:21

They apparently arrange work for large businesses?

Just5minswithDacre Fri 10-Jun-16 12:46:51

They would say that but if they were reputable they wouldn't charge.

Have you looked at People by the Hour and similar?

Wearegoingtobedlehem Fri 10-Jun-16 18:16:12

I got accepted by time etc but then they said that as I had a part time job I couldn't work for them ( and I really enjoyed the trial project!).
I don't seem to have any luck with people per hour other than a couple of possible scams.
Freelancer doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.
I may give dict8 a try

But other than that I am drawing a blank sad

Wearegoingtobedlehem Sat 11-Jun-16 14:40:05

BUMP

crazywriter Wed 15-Jun-16 18:36:53

I stay away from sites with any upfront costs. I can accept a commission on earnings but usually companies asking for money upfront are scams.

GinAndPhonics82 Wed 15-Jun-16 18:50:04

I've done it in the past and can confirm it is legit. I did the training then took calls for a big energy company. All was fine and I was paid properly and on time, every time.
Go for it.

GinAndPhonics82 Wed 15-Jun-16 18:52:10

Have a look at this website. I went through them and they were great.
http://www.callcatcherz.co.uk

paddypants13 Wed 15-Jun-16 19:34:39

Hi,

I've also worked for them and it is a legitimate company.

The only reason I gave up was struggling to fulfil my contract because I could not find enough hours that fitted around childcare and dh's shift.

I found the online community very friendly and supportive, the client contacts were very good and there was regular training.

I had my own business but I know of Call Catcherz and Layered Onion who do a lot of work with them.

Good luck op!

paddypants13 Wed 15-Jun-16 19:35:41

Just realised ginandphonics we worked for the same energy company!

Wearegoingtobedlehem Wed 15-Jun-16 22:05:21

Brilliant, thank you for the feedback smile I hoped they were ligit- they certainly seem to have some big brands behind them

pearlylum Wed 15-Jun-16 22:09:03

Interesting

GinAndPhonics82 Wed 15-Jun-16 23:00:47

My experience appears to have been very similar to yours, paddypants smile

kirvine3 Mon 07-Aug-17 14:50:52

I realise this thread was over a year ago but I've just passed the IQ admissions test for arise and don't have a clue how to register with a UK company as the ones I seen where all American. Would appreciate some help if anyone knows x

paddypants13 Sun 17-Dec-17 17:54:19

@kirvine3 sorry to resurrect this thread. Did you have any success. Callcatcherz was one of the main companies working with Arise when I worked for them. The Arise FB page will probably be helpful for you too. Good luck!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in