Anyone used Small Claims court to get an invoice paid?

(3 Posts)
whatdoesittake48 Tue 01-Dec-15 11:40:29

My lovely clients is now 8 weeks overdue for a £190 invoice. This is the first piece of work I have done for him that wasn't paid in advance - more fool me!

At first he was responsive to my emails and kept saying it would be a few more days...

Now I get no response and I have warned him that my next step is the Small Claims system.

I really don't want to let this go as £190 is two full days of work for me.

But...the client is based in Poland - but the company the work was for is registered in the UK - it has a showroom and a website that confirms this. He is not registered as a director for the company.

Essentially he is my contact, but the work was designed to be used on the company website - but they have not used it yet (I think because I warned them it wasn't covered by copyright until paid for).

Can I go after the company? I don't think he has a Uk address although he spends a lot of time here from what I can tell.

Also what are my steps? How easy is it and what are the risks?

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give.

OP’s posts: |
Celeriacacaca Sun 06-Dec-15 21:11:32

Before going the small claims court route you can get solicitor's letters done via online sites for a matter of a couple of pounds. DH has used this with great success to get invoices settled (ranging from £300 to £4,500). Have a look at thomashiggins.com It costs around £2 to join but is well worth it.

TalkinPeace Mon 07-Dec-15 20:48:03

I have a tame solicitor who sends really scary letters for a nominal fee
I've never had to take it further grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in