to buy a franchise or start from scratch?

(6 Posts)
mazza102 Sat 15-Aug-15 10:22:03

I'm a single mum of 2 DS and have had a career break. Returning to work part time in an unrelated field recently is both under welming and doesn't really pay enough. I have an urge to do something for myself but can't decide whether I should buy a franchise and accept that I have to give a share of my monthly profit in return for advice/backing/reduced ongoing costs or whether to keep muddling through and set up from scratch.
My career background was sales Director in New Homes. My business idea is setting up a local Letting Agency from home.
You guys got any thoughts?

OP’s posts: |
MARTIN1 Sun 16-Aug-15 04:05:56

I'd go down the start from scratch route. It will be more rewarding and the hours you put in will be all for your benefit and it will be easier to rope in friends/family to give you a hand if it's your own operation.

that's my two penneth

DanglyEarrings Fri 11-Sep-15 22:54:03

Start from scratch - if clients want what you've got it will be easier to find your own way and not part with franchise fees!

jemmahughes2015 Wed 16-Sep-15 14:59:01

Definitely start from scratch. Who wants to share a portion of the results when you've worked hard for them?

I've always quite fancied being a property finder and there's a training course starting next month.

www.londonpropertydynamics.co.uk/

EliseEvans Tue 29-Sep-15 12:57:43

Have you thought about becoming a forever living business owner? Im happy to chat if you would like any information xx

Elise.

twirlypoo Tue 29-Sep-15 13:33:22

Start from scratch - I bought a franchise and wish I hadn't.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in