Any homeworking consultants taken on an apprentice?

(4 Posts)
MrsMargoLeadbetter Fri 14-Aug-15 07:58:38

Am a marketing consultant.

Would be interested in more resource. Like the idea of helping a young person too. And it is affordable.

Has anyone done that? Or looked into it. It sounds like some apprentice training providers will let them work from a home-office but not all.

Would be looking at an apprentice studying a marketing qual.

Thanks
Abby

OP’s posts: |
emma123456 Fri 14-Aug-15 11:03:36

I've been looking into this as well just now - different sector though (accountancy). I've decided I'd rather have someone more experienced for fewer hours. The apprentice needs a minimum of 30 hours a week and that would require significant training/time to get going with. I think I would rather have someone here for 8/10 hours per week, especially as its a home office. There are grants available for apprentices so its cost effective as they get paid peanuts. However I think the cost would end up being my time.

MrsMargoLeadbetter Mon 17-Aug-15 23:33:39

Thanks for your reply Emma. All good points! I need to think about it more.

OP’s posts: |
AnnaLP Wed 19-Aug-15 16:46:14

I recently had an intern working for me for a month (in my home office) from Exeter Uni - at the end of her 1st year on a Business & Marketing course.

It was a great opportunity to try out having someone working here who I was training to a certain extent, but I tend to agree with Emma that I would rather have someone experienced for fewer hours as it takes a lot of time to train a newbie and that time comes at a cost.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in