Contract for china hire business?

(2 Posts)
vintagechinalady Tue 31-Mar-15 11:28:22

I've been selling vintage china for a while and have decided to take the plunge into hiring it out as well. It all came about due to being asked if I would hire so this lady is to be my first customer. She's happy with the quote I've given her and would me to email her with information, how she will pay etc. She would also like a contract.

I'd considered hiring a few months back so was able to send her a comprehensive list of terms and conditions along with my quote. The T&Cs state at the end that "By placing an order with [my company] you are agreeing to the terms outlined above".

Customers will also get receipts for payments and deposits, be required to sign a countersigned inventory when they collect the hire goods and will receive a signed acceptance note when the goods are returned to me.

Is there need for a separate contract? If there is, what would it say? Does it need to be fully comprehensive or can it refer to the terms and conditions. I'm at a loss here! Thanks.

OP’s posts: |
LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Wed 01-Apr-15 21:56:05

I've no direct experience, but if you have T's and Cs already to go I'd be tempted to retitle them 'contract of hire', then add a couple of spaces at the top for name, address of customer, address of hire, date and time of collection and delivery.

Then have the T's and Cs. Then at the bottom have a space for dating and signing. I dong think it needs to be any more complicated than that.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in