Talk

Advanced search

Pay with Dict8

(446 Posts)
juju1507 Mon 09-Mar-15 09:19:21

I have been working s/e with Dict8 for 3 years now and my payment by cheques are arriving later and later. My last cheque arrived 8 days after it was issued and I noticed they are now sending cheques second class. Does anyone else work for Dict8 on here and, if so, are you finding that your cheque is arriving much later than it used to? I have direct debits set up deliberately for the middle of the month in order that my cheque would have cleared in time but now I am worrying that even by 15th of each month the cheque will not have cleared. Sorry for the ramble but just curious if others have noticed this.

IamVictoria Mon 24-Feb-20 12:46:36

So the upgrade has a new weird thing where spell check used to ignore words with apostrophes but now it just picks up any word with an apostrophe as a mistake, and you can't add it to the dictionary either. Not entirely helpful.

Lucylizzy123 Mon 24-Feb-20 13:31:07

Yes I have noticed that too

juju1507 Mon 24-Feb-20 14:04:49

Yes, it's very annoying. System upgrades generally make things worse for those using it confused

ElleBee56 Mon 24-Feb-20 14:47:11

@juju1507 You will see a noticeable difference in the workload with TPro. Over the weekend there were just under 2000 tasks on and pages of cardiology which I see you do. (The system shows 10 tasks per page). I agree with what @smiffypeabrain said above, the amount of work would still arrive but the tasks would disappear more quickly. I haven't seen lots of tasks on the system for a few weeks now and any that are available do disappear quickly as we're all sitting waiting for them! I'm not convinced about there being plenty of work, I see no evidence of it.

juju1507 Mon 24-Feb-20 15:16:46

@ElleBee56 thanks for the update about T-Pro. When I was talking to the chap last week from the company he did say that they have had so much work they have had to turn work away! I'm glad you have confirmed pretty much what he was saying as I'm so cynical these days I wasn't entirely convinced! Thank you

ElleBee56 Mon 24-Feb-20 15:44:16

@juju1507 you're welcome! I know how you feel about being cynical. I'm currently typing (editing and proof reading) cardiology which isn't a specialty I have any experience in so it's a case of googling and marking for QA and, of course, trying to understand a very broad Irish accent. As regards pay (you might already know this), they pay in euros so when it's transferred to a UK bank account the amount paid is lower in pounds. Good luck when you start!

Gally123 Mon 24-Feb-20 15:48:30

Has anyone who types for T-Pro recognised any voices belonging to people who used to use DICT8 for their work, ie doctors/hospitals that have changed companies?

Chrissols Mon 24-Feb-20 16:16:19

Are T-Pro still recruiting? I might give them a try as really need more work

juju1507 Mon 24-Feb-20 16:28:38

@Chrissols I think they are! I sent off my CV via their website and they contacted me via email to do a couple of test letters. No time limit was given to get these tasks done they are just checking people can actually spell, correct grammar etc. I was contacted a day or so later and tomorrow I have a remote induction on their system, sign a few forms electronically and plan to start next Monday. You do need a foot pedal though...

Chrissols Mon 24-Feb-20 16:46:08

That sounds fab, I have a foot pedal as couldn't work without one. I will get in touch and fingers crossed. Thanks

Lucylizzy123 Mon 24-Feb-20 17:09:39

Thanks for sharing this information. I think I will give TPro a call to see if they are still recruiting too. Do they pay the same rate as Dict8?

Chrissols Tue 25-Feb-20 11:19:39

Not a single task so far today.....

Lucylizzy123 Tue 25-Feb-20 12:40:29

Very little here too. When tasks come through you they are gone in minutes. I think we are all in the same boat whatever our specialty

Gally123 Wed 26-Feb-20 10:55:41

I had a better day yesterday but now back to more or less nothing; just the odd task occasionally.

smiffypeabrain Wed 26-Feb-20 11:04:31

Yes, same here, odd task, 1/2 hour apart and duration is less than a minute. Waiting and hoping.

Freespirit19 Mon 02-Mar-20 13:25:25

Same here. It’s taken me four months to earn what I would earn in a month. There is constantly no work available and when there is it gets snapped up. I have contacted Liz Lloyd (Dict8 version of the doctors receptionist ) to ask to be added to other specialties only to be told :

“We have strict criteria that we need to adhere to as part of our ISO accreditation, unfortunately the information you provided is out with that criteria.

Your account will remain with the specialities you have already been assigned”. AND

“There has been no drop in tasks, just an increase in transcribers”. AND

“I am afraid the experience is a bit far back for us - sorry about that.“

Yet I do work for other agencies, I’ve had no complaints and I cover all specialties. If there is something I’m not sure about, I google it.

I’ve given up with them, their loss.

ElleBee56 Tue 03-Mar-20 17:17:56

@Freespirit19 that's awful! I'm not convinced the work is there any more. If it was we'd see it on the system and we'd see it disappearing as transcribers were taking the tasks. I haven't logged on today so don't know if there's been any work. I'm starting to feel concerned that if the work's dried up so has the income so will we get paid? Have a look at TPro. There's loads of work available. You can send your CV via their website.

Chrissols Tue 03-Mar-20 18:08:43

I sent my cv to TPro and never heard back, even though I have years of audio experience

Gally123 Tue 03-Mar-20 18:19:32

@Chrissols - me neither. Unsure whether to follow it up but don't want to appear needy or overly pushy, plus if that is an illustration of their efficiency maybe I am better off without them.

Chrissols Tue 03-Mar-20 18:50:34

Glad it’s not just me, maybe they are getting loads of applicants

juju1507 Tue 03-Mar-20 18:50:56

@Chrissols @Gally123 It's odd that you have not heard from T-Pro, how long ago did you send your CV off? I have to say that they are much more professional than Dict8. They have an online chat for any help and the lady who does the quality control checking of the typing is really helpful and friendly, unlike "Liz". They send reminders out at the end of the month as well to email your invoice to them. Just a completely different set up to Dict8. I do hope you both get a reply from them soon. Good luck!

Chrissols Tue 03-Mar-20 19:15:55

I sent my CV off to them about a week ago, maybe just over - sent it over the online site. Am disappointed I haven't heard as they sound really good.

flutterby18 Tue 03-Mar-20 20:23:04

I also sent my CV to T-Pro weeks ago and have not heard anything. Perhaps they have been inundated with CVs smile

ElleBee56 Tue 03-Mar-20 21:21:33

I've just looked back at old emails and it took a few weeks between sending my CV and actually starting with TPro. It might be worth emailing to chase up which is what I did. Looking at the amount of work on the system just for the hospital I do work for I'm sure they'd be keen to take on more transcribers.

Lucylizzy123 Tue 03-Mar-20 21:36:43

I too have not heard from TPro
I think voice recognition is starting to affect Dict8 as more Trusts seem to be adopting this as the way forward.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »