Getting kids to fulfill their responsibilities.

(3 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

YaseminSertoglu Sat 07-Mar-15 14:10:01

Hello,

I am a mother to an 8 year old girl and I am considering creating a product that helps with managing kids responsibilities.

I have some questions regarding how parents make sure that their kids fulfill their daily responsibilities; like homework, household chores or school projects.

I would really appreciate if you could answer some questions below:

How do you manage your kids day to day responsibilities?

Do your kids take ownership of their tasks, or do you need to push them?

Do you have a system? Do you use a homemade solution like a checklist, an app or something else?

Is this a challenge for you? Is it stressfull for you and your child, or do things run smoothly?

How do you make sure thank your child can handle and deliver larger projects?

Thank you so much!

Yasemin

OP’s posts: |
kimistayingalive Sat 07-Mar-15 15:59:16

A lot depends on the child and their routines if they have one but you can either ask them to do jobs and give them a task a time until they've done the jobs required and reward them for it or you can create a sticker chart or ball system for things. Alternately you can create a wall system that will contain a list of jobs to do with pics of the tasks and a done side so they can move them to there once done.
My 4yo has daily tasks like keeping room tidy, making his bed, brushing teeth, flushing toilet and washing hands. And a weekly task of helping me change his bed. In exchange he gets pocket money and various rewards.
It works for my child (even folds up uniform despite never being asked to do which surprised me) but may not for others. So make sure the tasks are achievable and try not to give too much.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 07-Mar-15 16:18:53

Hi folks

Just wanted to let you know we're going to move this thread to our 'start-ups' board in just a moment.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in