about to do it. how to do it!!

(2 Posts)
TalkinPeace Mon 16-Feb-15 15:04:06

This
talkinpeace2.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/here-is-list-of-questions-i-most.html
was written for ebayers - but is a pretty clear guide to the business of running a business.

Ltd Co is not really worth it unless you expect to make over £40 k in the first year.
Your insurances are the most important thing at this stage.

saveahorserideacowboy Mon 16-Feb-15 08:26:16

So I have just got my qualification and cam finally set up my own business, my dream. Without being too specific I am qualified as a therapist, will charge approx £50 a session (around an hour) and this inc travel to patients. However will charge fuel fees if out of radius and discounts for groups etc.
I expect it will take a few years to establish some regular clients and a lot longer to get full time work but as I have small children this will work well. By the time they are at school I hope to be reasonably well established for part time hours at least.

Do I set up sole trader or ltd company? Associates in the same trade have done both - a friend said she went Ltd company as if sued her personal assests are safe. This is a reasonable concern of mine. I admit I don't know much about this side of things but do have family members with lots of experience of running (very different) businesses.
Had anyone any advice? I don't want to complicate matters when I don't need to by going ltd if it's not necessary.
Any advice welcomed!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in