Flexible Working NHS

(3 Posts)
Pippin8 Mon 01-Dec-14 22:43:50

Hi
I just wondered if any qualified nurses/midwives just do bank work through an agency & how they find this?

I've recently given up my stable 30hrs per week hospital job due to my DH landing a big work contract & working away a lot. I used to do 12 hour days & nights & childcare was becoming an issue with DH away.

I am in another stable 9-5 job but miss my old line of work. It's a 24/7 365 day a year service & I've joined an agency so I'm thinking of doing bank shifts only.

I know it's not good for career progression & development but I can cope with that for now.

OP’s posts: |
duckwalk Sun 04-Jan-15 06:11:06

Hiya, I work on the nhs nurse bank and have done since leaving my permanent post over a year ago. I now work around my childcare instead of arranging childcare around my shifts..... it's great, and I've never struggled getting work. (Also helps that I mostly cover my own vacancy!) Could you find out the phone number of your local nhs bank? Give them a call then select Recruitment. I've been sent on a few paid training days... Trakcare, Blood Transfusion and Moving and Handling. Basic training really but better than nothing I guess grin
Good luck, it's definitely working for me!

Pippin8 Fri 09-Jan-15 17:36:42

Thanks for your reply. I left my permanent post in sept & signed on with an agency then. I have done shifts on the wards I used to work on. But am still doing the 9-5 job also. I'm thinking of quitting that & just doing bank. Good to hear you're not short of shifts, I suppose we won't be, given the state of the nhs!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in