Anyone a Travel Agent from Home ?

(8 Posts)
Mammyvicky1 Mon 02-Sep-13 14:19:06

Is anyone on here a travel agent working from home that i could ask some questions to please?
Ive been given an opportunity to do this but would like to talk to someone whos doing it / has done it .
Thanks in advance
Vicky

OP’s posts: |
InMySpareTime Tue 03-Sep-13 13:45:32

My mum is, she's been with Travel Counsellors for years now. What did you want to know?

Mammyvicky1 Tue 03-Sep-13 20:36:53

Thanks so much for your reply
I enquired with travel councellors some.time ago but my experience isn't current enough for most agents however a high street agent who are taking on home workers are willing to give me a chance on my experience.from years ago !!!!

This role I have to find my own clients they don't generate leads for me I was just wondering realistically how difficult this was and what the best ways to advertise are ? I'm thinking Facebook Twitter leaflets through doors posters in public areas etc

How Many hours a week do you need to work to earn a reasonable living ?

Is it feesable for me to try and work with a 3 year old around ? ( she will be in. Nursery 3 hours a day )

Do you work all evenings / weekends ?

Do you set working hours and sit at your desk waiting for phone to ring or potter about the.house and answer it when it rings then.go to computer ?

Also this company you use.your home phone number do you get calls.off.people all times.of day / night and.Do you always answer ?

Probably too many questions lol but just some things I've been thinking of any answers will be great !

Mammyvicky1 Wed 04-Sep-13 12:09:19

ive figured out now really you need a business phone line set up so its proffesional and no unsociable hours calls and no risk of kids answering phone.................just working out of its worth doing it all now ?

InMySpareTime Wed 04-Sep-13 12:21:14

Most of mum's calls are "unsociable hours" as people who have the money to book expensive holidays tend to work all hours.
You could get a mobile fairly cheaply to take calls, the main cost is likely to be brochures and stationery, data and printer ink.

Mammyvicky1 Wed 04-Sep-13 19:57:42

thanks

HONEYBUG Sat 03-May-14 00:30:57

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

WaitingForMe Wed 07-May-14 12:56:43

If you have to find your own leads, why bother working for someone else?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in