Talk

Advanced search

Knitting pattern for tiny baby clothes - Trigger warning

(8 Posts)
chocciechocface Fri 30-Nov-18 09:20:22

I'd like to knit something that families who lose children to stillbirth can use for their tiny babies. A friend of mine lost her child at 27 weeks and said her sister struggled to find clothes small enough, especially in a rush.

Can anyone point me towards a pattern for this so I can knit something and that I can give my friend to donate in her child's name.

Many thanks.

kshaw Fri 30-Nov-18 09:22:51

Sorry if this isn't much help but I've done some sewing for tiny babies and for sewing patterns you have to search for angel baby patterns, not sure if that will help with searching for knitting patterns. Will warn you it made me really sad when I saw the final size of them - but nice to know you are hopefully bringing a tiny (however small) bit of comfort to someone. It's a lovely thing to do xx

chocciechocface Fri 30-Nov-18 09:48:25

Thank you for that. I have now found this, which will be helpful (I just need to convert from Imperial to Metric).

http://www.tigerlilytrust.co.uk/how-you-help/knitting-patterns/

bookbook Sat 01-Dec-18 09:25:30

There are patterns for prem babies, which could work, and I have found this website with free patterns
www.bliss.org.uk/support-bliss/volunteer/knit-for-premature-babies

chocciechocface Tue 04-Dec-18 21:18:56

Thank you. I love the little bonnet.

TheWoollybacksWife Thu 06-Dec-18 16:58:10

@chocciechocface
Can I also recommend the patterns on Marianna's blog. Her cardigans are brilliant and perfect for a lazy old trout like me as they are designed to have minimal sewing up. Many of them come with matching hats and there are even patterns for burial clothing.

Snowdrop baby cardigan

neamchimpsky Thu 06-Dec-18 17:03:52

Have a look at the charity Cherished Gowns, they work with lots of UK hospitals to provide gowns for stillborn babies made with donated wedding dresses, along with knitted hats, booties and blankets. They found that hospitals didn't always want knitted things because so often tiny fragile fingers get caught and damaged. They are on facebook and have a website and always look for new volunteers.

chocciechocface Thu 06-Dec-18 17:19:34

Thank you. Lots of ideas!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »