Talk

Advanced search

Woolly hugs and knitting people advice please

(6 Posts)
starsorwater Tue 14-Aug-18 11:18:55

I have a friend who is about to retire from a very tough job. She loves knitting. She has all the needles and things you could wish for, but we thought some luxurious knitting wool would be a nice present. Something that would make her a lovely scarf etc. Please could you advise? Is that a daft idea (she'll be getting other presents too).

starsorwater Tue 14-Aug-18 14:24:38

bump

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 14-Aug-18 14:37:29

Maybe something like this Noro silk mix yarn. I would go for the double knit (DK) weight personally but that is probably only personal preference. Chunky or Aran would knit up faster but either way I'd buy at least 2 balls of the same shade to ensure there was enough yarn to finish the project.

AmeliaFolch Tue 14-Aug-18 14:51:40

Malabrigo wool is beautiful. There’s a fabulous range of colours and it feels lovely. It’s a bit pricey but if there’s a few of you chipping in the cost each would be reasonable.

starsorwater Tue 14-Aug-18 15:39:26

Thank you both. We have ordered a scarf/shawl pattern, 150g of Malbrigo Silky merino and rosewood needles. So a sort of little kit.

AmeliaFolch Tue 14-Aug-18 16:16:18

Sounds lovely. Rosewood needles are great too smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »