Talk

Advanced search

Crochet help needed

(5 Posts)
CraftyGirly90 Tue 22-May-18 16:53:41

Calling all crocheters, calling all crocheters! I'm in need of some help. I'm wanting to crochet hats for various projects, both woolly hugs and my own. The problem is I can't get the hang of any hat patterns, what I'm asking for is this. Does anyone have any easy to do crochet patterns they can put me onto? It would be greatly appreciated. TIA xx

ColdFeetAndHotCakes Tue 22-May-18 17:16:25

https://hearthookhome.com/how-to-size-crochet-hats-master-beanie-pattern/

That was the pattern I used to get the hang of crochet hats. Pinterest is a great place to look, it's full of patterns with lots of pictures which helps me figure out what I'm supposed to be doing and where I'm going wrong.

MadisonAvenue Tue 22-May-18 22:03:43

I haven't actually tried any of these but there are links to crocheted hat patterns on the WH website, scroll down the page and you'll find them smile

www.woollyhugs.org/2018/03/28/2018-revised-refugee-project-please-read/

bookbook Tue 22-May-18 23:16:29

This is the one I use - it is worked as a spiral, so not such a problem. I just change the weight of yarn/hook size for different sizes.
Easy Crotchet Hat
Level: Easy - Intermediate (working in the round, dc, hdc, sc, sl st, basic increase)
Size: 20" circumference
Materials:
1 x 50 gm ball aran weight yarn
crochet hook in size H, or size needed for gauge + G hook if you are using Edge Option 1.
Stitch marker (to mark beginning of rnd)
Tapestry needle (or you can use crochet hook to weave in ends)
Gauge: 3.25 dc = 1" on larger hook
Abbreviations: ch- chain; dc- double crochet; dec- decrease; hdc- half double crochet; rnd- round; sc- single crochet; sk- skip; sl st- slip stitch; st(s)- stitch(es)

INSTRUCTIONS
You will work in a continuous spiral rather than joining each round with a sl st.
Ch 4.
Rnd 1: Work 10 dc in 1st ch. [11 dc]
Rnd 2: Work 2 dc in each dc around. [22 dc]
Rnd 3: (Dc in next dc, work 2 dc in next dc) around. [33 dc]
Rnd 4: (Dc in each of next 2 dc's, work 2 dc in next dc) around. [44 dc]
Rnd 5: (Dc in each of next 3 dc's, work 2 dc in next dc) around. [55 dc]
Rnd 6: Dc around.
Rnd 7: (Dc in each of next 4 dc's, work 2 dc in next dc) around. [66 dc]

Edge Option 1 (using G hook): Continue to work dc in each dc around for 3". Change to G hook (or see Option 2 below) and work dc in each dc until you have ~20" left in the ball of yarn. Work hdc in each of next 2 dc's, work 3 sc's in each of next 3 dc, work 3 sl sts in each of next dc. Fasten off.

Edge Option 2 (using st dec): Continue to work dc in each dc around for 3".
Next Rnd: (Dc in each of next 10 dc's, sk 1 dc) around. [60 dc]
Work dc in each dc until you have ~20" of yarn left.

Finish:
This is to taper off for a smooth edge and is worked over the first 8 sts only.

Work hdc in each of next 2 dc's, work 3 sc's in each of next 3 dc, work 3 sl sts in each of next dc. Fasten off. Weave in ends.

TwitterQueen1 Fri 25-May-18 09:20:24

Here's the pattern I use - it's very easy.
www.beginner-crochet-patterns.com/how-to-crochet-a-hat.html

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: