Talk

Advanced search

First blanket squares. What do you think?

(9 Posts)
hotchocolate86 Sun 01-Apr-18 21:00:54

These are the first two blanket squares I’ve knitted. They are a bit bigger than 6 inches. More like 7 inches and for a baby blanket. Would something like these be ok for woolly hugs?

Wh0KnowsWhereTheT1meG0es Sun 01-Apr-18 21:22:01

Lovely colours! Yes they would be fine for WH provided you use the right yarn and colours, although slightly smaller would be better, it's easier to stretch a small square into a blanket than squash a big one.

hotchocolate86 Mon 02-Apr-18 07:33:33

Thank you for the reply. I’m pleased they look ok and I’d definitely reduce the stitches to get them smaller for woolly hugs. I’m just pleased they came out ok this time.

bookbook Mon 02-Apr-18 17:01:18

They are great! . As WhoKnows has said, yes to make them a little smaller , and a tip which would help the constructors would be to do a small edge of moss or garter stitch smile

hotchocolate86 Mon 02-Apr-18 17:08:55

Thanks @bookbook If I do a border will that stop them from rolling so much? I’m worried How I will sew them together with how much they roll! I don’t think it will be easy.

bookbook Mon 02-Apr-18 17:24:26

Knitted squares nearly always roll ( I'm a knitter smile ) - and yes, the border will help - I tend to do about 4 rows at the top and bottom, and 4 stitches either side for even ness ( but depending on a pattern can be more or less - just personal preference )

hotchocolate86 Mon 02-Apr-18 19:14:52

Thanks bookbook I’ll try that on my next square and see how I get on.

KatyLovesKats Thu 05-Apr-18 17:20:33

Hi hotchocolate86, I have just knitted my first square for one of these blankets too - and mine is an inch too big! I'm just about to try again with fewer stitches...

KnottyAndPistey Fri 06-Apr-18 09:57:36

Morning! Always lovely to have new crafters!

Happy days flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: