Talk

Advanced search

Which wool for beginner?

(7 Posts)
hotchocolate86 Wed 14-Mar-18 16:18:25

Hi, can anyone recommend which wool used for making these woolly hugs would be best for a beginner to practice with. I’d love to be able to contribute in the future.

Stitchit Wed 14-Mar-18 16:33:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Stitchit Wed 14-Mar-18 16:37:18

hotchocolate86 Wed 14-Mar-18 18:11:56

Thank you stitchit I will have a look at that wool. I hope all goes well as I’d love to contribute to these blankets.

Stitchit Wed 14-Mar-18 20:19:10

bookbook Wed 14-Mar-18 21:25:25

Hello!
hotchocolate - are you wanting to knit or crochet? - one of the best online tutorials for crochet is Bella Coco HERE
if you prefer to try a photo tutorial, then Little Tin Bird does a good one, once you have learned the basic stitches HERE.
Stylecraft special double knitting (SSDK for short smile) is what is used for the WH blanket appeals .
For a cheaper alternative for practising, as long as its double knitting weight on a 4mm hook or needle then any squares can be used for the refugee blankets , so check your local pound store - and many charity shops also sell double knitting wool cheaply.
Good Luck!

hotchocolate86 Thu 15-Mar-18 07:31:09

Thank you for the replies. I think I would like to try knitting to start with although I might give crochet a go at some point. I’ll havd a look at you tube for tutorial videos. That’s a very good tip.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: