Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Kinship Hug Project.

(67 Posts)
KnottyAndPistey Fri 05-May-17 07:59:56

This is an extension of and in addition to our existing Hug projects. We would very much like to make some bigger blankets for folk in need of comfort. We continue to make our traditional Woolly Hug blankets for our fellow Mumsnetters who have lost a child or partner these will always be at the heart of what we do. The Kinship Hugs mean we can help more folk in different circumstances.

We are asked from time to time to help families or individuals within our own woolly community, both on here and through our Facebook page going through incredibly difficult, bleak or sad times, by sending them a blanket full of love and comfort. We see these as helping folk who need support and compassion. Can you help us? We would be so very grateful.

We would love to collect 12 inch ( or 6) squares in Stylecraft Special DK to make blankets, and have some colour schemes to work from, see below. This will help us in compiling and donating to families. Just from these colours please, simple, complex, single colours, multi (within a collection), all very welcome indeed. We welcome knitters and crocheters equally to this project.

If anyone would like to donate funds to support this, please message us, we'd be so grateful, our projects truly cannot function without lovely donors. Thank you thanks

Please contact us if you need the postal address, but it is Teddington Towers, please add a note with your name and say that squares are for Kinship Hugs.

Please also contact us if you'd like to join our Construction Crew who help magic squares into Kinship Hugs ( + Refugee blankets, Candy's Hugs, Chernobyl blankets)

Please no blocking and PLEASE sew in your pesky ends. All crafting info is also on our website. Thank you.

Do contact us if we can help any further. We are so grateful. THANK YOU! xxxx

KnottyAndPistey Fri 05-May-17 08:00:34

Our Colour Palettes....

KnottyAndPistey Fri 05-May-17 08:01:21

Traditional: Parchment, cloud blue, denim, sherbert, aster, petrol, lipstick, claret, burgundy.

KnottyAndPistey Fri 05-May-17 08:01:59

*WH classic*: Lavender, plum, violet, emperor, storm, meadow, cypress, denim, petrol, sage

KnottyAndPistey Fri 05-May-17 08:02:47

Vintage: Duck egg, grape, sage, storm, parchment, pale rose, pomegranate, raspberry, cloud blue, sherbert

KnottyAndPistey Fri 05-May-17 08:03:45

Spiced: Plum, gold, meadow, cypress, pistachio, lime, saffron, burgundy, spice, tomato, claret, mustard.

KnottyAndPistey Fri 05-May-17 08:04:23

Modernist: Grass green, Kelly green, fuchsia, boysenberry, lobelia, empire

KnottyAndPistey Fri 05-May-17 08:05:49

This is an ongoing project, but we do set deadlines for collections as it makes compiling kits easier and folk do like a date to work towards.

The next collection date is June 3rd

bookbook Fri 05-May-17 08:25:43

I will do some for you - I have some of the colours left over from Chernobyl .
Hopefully I can get some done in time to send through with Candy's and Juan's squares smile

WitchDancer Fri 05-May-17 08:31:48

I'm in - I've got suitable colours too 😁

Costacoffeeplease Fri 05-May-17 08:46:36

I'm in just ordered the vintage set, plus I've got about 30 candy hugs squares almost ready to send (just got to sort out the peskies)smile

Spindelina Fri 05-May-17 09:15:48

I've been making squares in the vibrant riot colours which are also kinship colours, if that makes any sense. I'll send those and some squares for Juan for the June deadline.

MrsHathaway Fri 05-May-17 10:27:14

brew

Morning, all!

Okkitokkiunga Fri 05-May-17 12:02:50

'Allo 'allo. Just jumping on board.

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Fri 05-May-17 12:10:33

Afternoon grin

I've got some suitable colours left over from my attic24 blanket, I'll have to have a sort out and group them accordingly smile

PeaceOfWildThings Fri 05-May-17 13:55:20

I'm in. x

Okkitokkiunga Fri 05-May-17 21:25:33

I'm doing a Jan Eaton square - no 78 Briar Rose. Having frogged round 5 twice I've now market every stitch. It looks a bit freaky.

bookbook Fri 05-May-17 22:15:06

I'm doing a simple granny ..... good luck Okki !

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Sat 06-May-17 12:26:08

Is it terrible that I already seem to have all but 2 colours of the vintage palette?

I think I've officially become some sort of yarn hoarder grin

That flower looks a bit punk to me Okki wink

VittysCardigan Sat 06-May-17 13:27:30

I did this as practice but it is in cypress so it works for Kinship

VittysCardigan Sat 06-May-17 14:36:27

My yarn arrived today, thank you to whoever donated it & to K&P for sending xx

WitchDancer Sat 06-May-17 14:50:58

That's really clever Vitty, I love it!

VittysCardigan Sat 06-May-17 14:57:04

Thank you Witch, it's a pattern on Ravelry, I had to resize it - remove the border

WitchDancer Sat 06-May-17 14:58:36

I think what's left makes a good enough border, you can't tell there should be more

RaptorInaPorkPieHat Sat 06-May-17 15:11:15

That's fab Vitty smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now