Talk

Advanced search

Teddy pattern for a child

(6 Posts)
canyou Tue 28-Jun-16 09:06:04

Can anyone help. Will have a group of girls 8-10 yro over the summer so am dreaming up loose plans. All DC including the 2 boys have decided to knit teddies for a local charity. All can cast on cast off and knit the basic stiches I am not much better.
So I am looking for a small teddy preferably knitted in one piece pattern increase and decrease is not to much of an issue if kept simple. Thank you smile
I have wool and they all have 4mm childrens short needles

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 28-Jun-16 22:17:28

If you scroll down on this page there is a tiny teddy that I knitted for charity after my great-nephew was stillborn.

They are really small and should be OK for someone who can manage cast on, cast off and garter stitch. There is a fair bit of joining in and subsequent darning in of loose ends but they take relatively little time to make.

TheWoollybacksWife Tue 28-Jun-16 22:18:59

Sorry, I should say that it isn't my pattern but one that was published by the Tigerlily Trust.

KnottyAndPistey Wed 29-Jun-16 14:15:31

Have a look under Ongoing projects, Angel Teds, see what you think? Might be too complex

www.woollyhugs.com

canyou Wed 29-Jun-16 19:50:22

Thank you so much. You are all fab. I am afraid of knitting tbh as a GranAunt was able to knit anything blindfolded would only ever see and point out mistakes even if it was a stranger on the bus so none of use ever tried after thatsad

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 11-Jul-16 21:42:52

Not a teddy, but we picked up a pattern for a fish from the Sheringham lifeboat museum a couple of years ago.

Cast on 20 sts.
Odd rows all purl.
Even rows.
K first 2 together.
K to last 2.
K last 2 together.
Repeat until you have 10 stitches.

Work 3 rows without shape.
(P, k, p)

Now increases.
Purl rows still plain purl.
Each knit row,
K2, Inc 1. Knit to last 2.
Inc 1.
Knit last 2.
Out to 24 sts.

Work 10 rows without shape.

Decreases again, down to 6 .

That's starting at the tail and ending st the nose.

Make 2 and sew together.

They can be done in all knit stitch if you can't do or don't like purl.

They can be made bigger or smaller. All fish are different.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now