Page 12 | 'Rights-hoarding dinosaurs' according to David Lammy

(298 Posts)
BlaydonRaces Mon 27-Sep-21 16:35:24

labourlist.org/2021/09/anti-trans-members-are-dinosaurs-who-want-to-hoard-rights-says-lammy/

Wish I knew which rights I was 'hoarding'.

OP’s posts: |
ScribblingPixie Sat 02-Oct-21 14:19:01

Our local Labour activists openly admit that they don't bother campaigning here, they all go out to neighbouring constituencies.

I'm in a neighbouring constituency and told the Labour canvasser I wanted to discuss single sex rights - she literally backed down the path & refused to engage.

ScribblingPixie Sat 02-Oct-21 14:20:29

Neighbouring to Lammy, I mean, and one that is Labour/Lib Dem.

Mollyollydolly Sat 02-Oct-21 15:07:19

This is inspired from @moleatthedoor .. vulvavision! So much detail.

TimeToDateAgain Sat 02-Oct-21 15:41:26

Mollyollydolly

This is inspired from @moleatthedoor .. vulvavision! So much detail.

Moley is gifted at this! Phenomenal attention to detail there.

Jaysmith71 Sat 02-Oct-21 16:01:36

DL live on LBC now.

You can talk to him about the Police, Petrol, or the Wicked Tories.

KittenKong Sat 02-Oct-21 16:03:08

Or call up and ROAAAAAAARRRRRRR at him. 🦖

Advertisement

FartyBrainedHippo Sat 02-Oct-21 16:08:47

His hypocrisy is just breathtaking! How dare he talk about misogyny.

KittenKong Sat 02-Oct-21 16:10:02

Well- he is well-aquatinted with the subject...

KittenKong Mon 04-Oct-21 17:26:25

There’s a dinosaur-fest start long outside the lancet office (London wall) then I heading off to Labour HQ. This Friday. Please bring a dinosaur suit. Or a dinosaur.

Artichokeleaves Mon 04-Oct-21 18:03:41

KittenKong

There’s a dinosaur-fest start long outside the lancet office (London wall) then I heading off to Labour HQ. This Friday. Please bring a dinosaur suit. Or a dinosaur.

If I could I'd be there in full T rex regalia and with multiple dino balloons in tow! If there's a way for me to send a few brontosauruses do let me know.

Jaysmith71 Mon 04-Oct-21 18:06:11

If you are hard of hearing, you can come as a tights-hoarding dinosaur or as Diana Dors.

KittenKong Mon 04-Oct-21 18:06:47

Can we say where the Event is being promoted? (She asked Brightly).

EmbarrassingAdmissions Mon 04-Oct-21 18:24:38

KittenKong

Can we say where the Event is being promoted? (She asked Brightly).

I am so annoyed that I can't shift my work for that day. Especially now I've had a search for dinosaur adult costume on Amazon. (I'm relieved it's that sort of formal dress as I wouldn't have fancied a 'body with vagina' costume.)

HatefulHaberdashery Mon 04-Oct-21 18:31:03

David Lammy is a gaslighting hypocrite and "hoarder" of Race Rights, but doesn't seem to want to call himself a Dinosaur?

HatefulHaberdashery Mon 04-Oct-21 18:48:40

i believe the event may be smile

www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/make-misogyny-history-tickets-184941774827

Let’s make misogyny extinct! A double whammy protest to target the offices of the Lancet and Labour Party HQ
About this event
Protest: Friday 8th October

Lancet London HQ: 12:00

Labour Party HQ: 15:00

Women’s unique physiologies have been ignored and misunderstood by medical science throughout history, causing real world harms to 51% of the population. Our bodies have been treated like inconvenient anomalies, our biology unmentionable. Rather than reflect on the deep-rooted sexism behind such attitudes, the Lancet decided to address this historic blind spot by re-defining women as bodies with vaginas. Meanwhile the Leader of the Labour Party – one of the largest left-wing parties in Europe, said that ‘only women have cervix’s’ is something which should not be said. We say no. Enough is enough, we will not be dehumanised, and we will not be silenced! It is time to remind the dinosaurs at the heart of the British Establishment that women exist, our safety and our sex-based rights matter.

The protest begins outside the Lancet HQ at 12:30. We have banners and placards and a variety of roarsome chants

At around 2pm we will travel as a group to Labour Party HQ, aiming to arrive at 3pm.

We will give out leaflets and engage politely with members of the public. There will be an opportunity at this point for women to give short speeches or perform poems if you would like to prepare anything. Also, any hand made signs would be fabulous – both for the Lancet protest and that outside Labour Party HQ. We want to create a spectacle and challenge misogyny in a positive and humours way.

KittenKong Mon 04-Oct-21 18:56:37

Shouldn’t it be a ‘double lammy’?

HatefulHaberdashery Mon 04-Oct-21 19:19:14

Hahahaha, it absolutely should! smile

TundraDweller Mon 04-Oct-21 19:20:06

This could be visually fantastic! Although sadly not through my artistic talents… I want a knitted pussy hat to wear on top of my (also as yet non-existent) T - Rex (T- Regina?) costume. With a small hoard of rights coins that I can clasp in my teeny tiny T-Regina claw hands.

Jaysmith71 Mon 04-Oct-21 19:26:31

A great big jar-rassic jar to hoard your rights in, filled with scolls labelled RIGHT TO VOTE, RIGHT TO CHOOSE, RIGHT TO WORK, etc.

Artichokeleaves Mon 04-Oct-21 19:40:39

Really really hope those rights will be clearly in view and shame the pants off Lammy.

ArabellaScott Mon 04-Oct-21 21:34:48

Oh, I so wish I could go to the dinosaur protest.

TimeToDateAgain Mon 04-Oct-21 21:39:24

ArabellaScott

Oh, I so wish I could go to the dinosaur protest.

Bath Street would look good for a gathering of dinosaurs (if that's still Labour Party Scotland).

Dragons and witches would look even better.

HatefulHaberdashery Mon 01-Nov-21 18:24:03

Beautiful sum up of the Hear me Roar Protests smile

"Eventually there will be political consequences. To quote from one of placards carried by the protesters in front of the Labour Party offices: “It was cervices which brought you into the world; and it’s cervices that will vote you out.”

unherd.com/thepost/feminist-dinosaurs-are-getting-organised/

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in