Speakers Corner women's gathering

(126 Posts)
Lynnikins Sun 18-Jul-21 15:35:08

Kellie-Jay (AKA 'Posie Parker') is hosting the next Standing For Women gathering at Speakers Corner at noon on Sunday 1st August. Baroness Nicholson will also be there.
Picnic in the park afterward (please bring your food& drinks). See attached poster.

OP’s posts: |
Anotheruser02 Sun 18-Jul-21 15:53:14

I'd like to go to listen but will miss the picnic. I don't know anyone IRL who is interested in the issues, my confidence was knocked in talking about this when my friends partner (who I thought was so level headed and a great person) thought JKR had the twitter abuse coming last year. I was gutted, I haven't put the feelers out since that.
My female friends literally never talk about anything beyond their own lives and have not been effected personally yet.

somethinginoffensive Sun 18-Jul-21 16:23:09

Am planning to go! Looking forward to it

ArtemesiaK Sun 18-Jul-21 16:31:13

I've never been to a rally before and as I'm quite old, I have anxieties around going to the loo. Yes, "I just need to pee!" smile Will definitely be with you all in spirit ....

HidingUnderARock Sun 18-Jul-21 17:41:08

I've never been to a rally before and as I'm quite old, I have anxieties around going to the loo. Yes, "I just need to pee!" smile Will definitely be with you all in spirit ....

^This.
I wish I could, but also wish I would if I could, if you see what I mean.
I hope you all have a wonderful time, and the bad guys don't turn up and kick off.

KittenKong Sun 18-Jul-21 17:43:56

Twerps on twitter are muttering about coming along to menace the baroness. Classy as ever.

FemaleAndLearning Sun 18-Jul-21 18:39:02

I thought this today and wondered why I couldn't find anything on u tube. I'll be watching along.

Advertisement

Gottalife Sun 18-Jul-21 18:52:53

KittenKong

Twerps on twitter are muttering about coming along to menace the baroness. Classy as ever.

I hope some genuine non-stereotyped trans women and trans men attend. Just to offer a balanced debate.

OhHolyJesus Sun 18-Jul-21 19:27:42

Anotheruser02

I'd like to go to listen but will miss the picnic. I don't know anyone IRL who is interested in the issues, my confidence was knocked in talking about this when my friends partner (who I thought was so level headed and a great person) thought JKR had the twitter abuse coming last year. I was gutted, I haven't put the feelers out since that.
My female friends literally never talk about anything beyond their own lives and have not been effected personally yet.

I promise you, you would be so much better if you go, to this or any other similar meet-up.

There is nothing quite like being in the company of like-minded women.

I'm very much hoping to go.

Truthlikeness Sun 18-Jul-21 19:37:00

ArtemesiaK

There are public toilets about a 10 min walk from speakers corner -at the Serpentine Lido cafe.

Lynnikins Sun 18-Jul-21 20:15:42

I think there are toilets just as you leave Marble Arch tube station & enter Hyde Park. Very near Speakers Corner. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

KittenKong Sun 18-Jul-21 20:30:09

Nope not there - further down towards the serpentine pizza cafe (on the road) and further around the serpentine next to the lido, and on the path towards the Roman gardens (behind the new cafe opposite Lancaster Gate tube entrance).

littlbrowndog Sun 18-Jul-21 21:06:39

Go ladies. Have fun and some food

Rember what the suffragettes had to do

If it happens in Scotland hope I will go

ArabellaScott Sun 18-Jul-21 22:32:56

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SicS74WoVo

Feminist on the proposed harassing of Baroness Nicholson.

MurielSpriggs Sun 18-Jul-21 22:47:15

Bogs available at Marble Arch McDonalds, very near Speakers' Corner. Also Marks & Sparks, very close.

Helleofabore Mon 26-Jul-21 13:09:45

bumping this

I believe that there are going to be some MN special stickers handed out for MNers to stick on themselves if they wish to.

KittenKong Mon 26-Jul-21 15:19:46

There’s a Starbucks near the corner on Edgware Road... for loo access obviously...

Lynnikins Wed 28-Jul-21 11:27:40

The Speaker's Corner event is happening this coming Sunday. Hope to see some of you there.

dyslek Wed 28-Jul-21 11:45:47

Im going smile

Anotheruser02 Wed 28-Jul-21 12:01:44

Will I be the only person going alone if I go?

Helleofabore Wed 28-Jul-21 12:07:55

If you get a sticker when they are handed out Anotheruser02 you may not be alone for long.

KittenKong Wed 28-Jul-21 14:21:56

Just watch out for the idiots please and keep safe!

dyslek Wed 28-Jul-21 14:58:14

Im probably going alone (my mates who have promised to go dont have great form on being consistante, but nothing is going to stop me going)
I have been alone before to Posie speaking at speakers corner and got chatting straight away and all the way through really, everyone wants to talk to others smile

AnneLovesGilbert Wed 28-Jul-21 15:04:58

See you there! Will drive in, parking at qpark very close by.

AnneLovesGilbert Wed 28-Jul-21 15:05:26

Anyone taking children along?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in