Keir Starmer on LBC at 9am to answer listeners' questions

(36 Posts)
BluePorchAwning Mon 14-Jun-21 07:48:03

mobile.twitter.com/LBC/status/1404325281565925378

Hope he gets asked some good questions! I'm off to work so will miss it.

OP’s posts: |
Proven Mon 14-Jun-21 07:52:29

Haha!

'Why are you so shit?' just about covers it.

teawamutu Mon 14-Jun-21 08:06:12

Please, please, someone ask him the Staniland Question....

highame Mon 14-Jun-21 08:11:44

Someone ask him about he Pink News video and ask him if Stonewall should write the laws of the UK

toffeebutterpopcorn Mon 14-Jun-21 08:14:09

LBC... will they ask him anything decent?

JustbackfromBangkok Mon 14-Jun-21 08:15:51

The researchers decide who is allowed to get through to ask questions. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

Redshoeblueshoe Mon 14-Jun-21 09:23:28

On LBC's Twitter feed most of the questions are about self ID. But I've heard nothing yet.

Advertisement

teawamutu Mon 14-Jun-21 09:26:54

Redshoeblueshoe

On LBC's Twitter feed most of the questions are about self ID. But I've heard nothing yet.

That's VERY interesting. Starting to get some cut-through?

Redshoeblueshoe Mon 14-Jun-21 09:36:33

There you go.
He won't discuss it.
And we're all stupid.

Couchbettato Mon 14-Jun-21 09:37:39

Well at least we know he's a misogynist and a coward

Redshoeblueshoe Mon 14-Jun-21 09:42:53

So a popularity rating of -7 isn't enough.
FFS

Masdintle Mon 14-Jun-21 09:54:01

What did he say?

Redshoeblueshoe Mon 14-Jun-21 09:57:29

He was asked if the Labour party was too woke, and he basically said no one understood what woke means.
Then refused to discuss it.

GreyhoundG1rl Mon 14-Jun-21 09:58:36

Redshoeblueshoe

He was asked if the Labour party was too woke, and he basically said no one understood what woke means.
Then refused to discuss it.

What an utter imbecile he is 🙄

teawamutu Mon 14-Jun-21 09:59:29

Hmm. So he's not exactly nailing his rainbow flag to the mast either, is he?

Thus pleasing exactly nobody. Slow handclap.

zanahoria Mon 14-Jun-21 10:21:31

He takes Boris apart at PMQs as he has a fine legal brain but not sure most people care.

He rarely shows any actual signs of leadership, sits on the fence on most issues including this one.

RufustheBadgeringReindeer Mon 14-Jun-21 11:31:47

teawamutu

Hmm. So he's not exactly nailing his rainbow flag to the mast either, is he?

Thus pleasing exactly nobody. Slow handclap.

I agree

Even 17 year old ds2 said that he was disappointed with Starmer, thought when he took over that he would be very good and potentially’save’ labour

PearPickingPorky Mon 14-Jun-21 11:40:30

I too had quite high hopes for him, alas.

He's somehow an even bigger disappointment than Corbyn.

TedImgoingmad Mon 14-Jun-21 11:48:21

It's deliberate. He knows he will lose the sensible female vote if he takes the TRA line, so he keeps everyone hanging on, and hopes that Boris will become so intolerable that we are forced to vote for Labour on the vague hope they will have our backs. It's the most pathetic, cowardly form of politics. Instead of giving us the hope of a party that will truly embrace feminism for women - not every Tom, Dick and Harry who thinks feminism= support animal - keep us fearful and desperate, and left choosing the devil we know.

Floisme Mon 14-Jun-21 11:55:51

Yes keep us fearful and try and guilt trip us too: 'If you don't vote for us xxx will happen and it'll be all your fault.'

I think it's a shame it wasn't a more specific question about self ID as I think he'd have found it much harder to sidestep that when he brought up the issue himself only a few days ago.

Floisme Mon 14-Jun-21 11:56:55

Sorry if that sounds critical of whoever asked the question - I'm grateful to anyone who got off their arse and tried to engage with him!

highame Mon 14-Jun-21 12:30:15

It's always been the case that Labour has got into power because something went wrong for the conservatives, or when Blair appealed to the masses. It's almost as thought labour doesn't want to govern. You can't win power if you only win by default. That's the worst political strategy ever and I include Jo Swinson saying she was preparing for government at the last election

Floisme Mon 14-Jun-21 12:49:21

I got the strong impression during the Blair governments that some Labour voters preferred being in opposition.

JediGnot Mon 14-Jun-21 12:50:00

You can't blame labour for the stupidity of swathes of the population and the lies told repeatedly over decades by the majority of the billionaire owned press in the country.

Corbyn would have been PM if the press were honest, ditto pretty much every labour leader over 40 years.

I firmly believe that a huge reason we have the TRA debate is that the right have pushed it with the sole intension of splitting the left, just like they did with brexit.

KS is in a very difficult position, but it is time for him to say that women's rights simply have to be a priority, and that whilst he supports trans rights there are very serious child protection and women's safety concerns that need addressing.

I'd like to think that he is playing a slow game with regards covid and brexit and trans rights - he firmly believes the correct course of action but is being careful to have the public significantly on board before he jumps headlong into a nightmare of a debate (not least a nightmare because at least 80% of the media will completely misrepresent him)

GreyhoundG1rl Mon 14-Jun-21 12:51:30

but is being careful to have the public significantly on board before he jumps headlong into a nightmare of a debate 🤔

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in