It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to . . .

(187 Posts)
FindTheTruth Thu 10-Jun-21 15:42:40

Here are some clarifications trending on twitter! What's yours?

- It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to finish up the last of the toilet paper without replacing it

- It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to break into a museum and draw moustaches on all portraits

- It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to redecorate your house if she doesn't like your wallpaper

- It's important to emphasize that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to tempt your cat away from home with Dreamies and claim it was hers all along.

- It’s important to emphasize that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to come round and sing opera through your front door

OP’s posts: |
yourhairiswinterfire Thu 10-Jun-21 15:43:51

I'm not witty enough, but grin

CigarsofthePharoahs Thu 10-Jun-21 15:48:01

- It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to cut down the large for tree in your garden even though it is blocking the light.

- It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to throw away any toilet brush she finds.

RoyalCorgi Thu 10-Jun-21 15:48:27

Excellent, OP. I might pinch. grin

FindTheTruth Thu 10-Jun-21 15:48:33

grin

Erikrie Thu 10-Jun-21 15:50:28

😂

VeryLongBeeeeep Thu 10-Jun-21 15:51:39

- It’s important to emphasize that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to have a BBQ when you've just put your washing out.

Advertisement

ditalini Thu 10-Jun-21 15:53:49

- It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to walk into your kitchen in muddy boots when you've just mopped the floor

RedDogsBeg Thu 10-Jun-21 15:55:25

It is important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to eat the last Rolo just because you offered it to her.

IShouldBeSoLurky Thu 10-Jun-21 15:56:59

- It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to accuse you of profligate food waste if you only get one meal out of a chicken.

sourdoughismyreligion Thu 10-Jun-21 15:58:43

it's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to reheat fish in your workplace microwave

InspiralCoalescenceRingdown Thu 10-Jun-21 15:59:24

- It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to serve pom bears instead of canapes at a champagne reception.

Hestyo Thu 10-Jun-21 15:59:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

nancywhisky Thu 10-Jun-21 16:00:26

It’s important to emphasize that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to put the clean washing (which I put in her bedroom) back into the dirty laundry basket just because she can't be bothered to put it away.

NoToast Thu 10-Jun-21 16:01:37

It's important to emphasise the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to post a parking thread on Mumsnet without a diagram.

MrsWooster Thu 10-Jun-21 16:05:21

It's important to emphasise the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to post post any thread whatsoever without adding <naice ham> <centreparcs> <Elderly Korean lady> caveats.

FindTheTruth Thu 10-Jun-21 16:09:08

It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to put the butter knife in the jam jar

MrsOvertonsWindow Thu 10-Jun-21 16:09:33

It's always important to emphasis what women Maya must not be allowed to say or do grin

Ostara212 Thu 10-Jun-21 16:11:04

Re "It’s important to emphasize that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to come round and sing opera through your front door"

I hate opera. But right now, I would welcome Maya and listen and applaud if she did this 😍

DialSquare Thu 10-Jun-21 16:11:29

It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to take a copy of your keys to your Mexican holiday home then holiday there whenever she wants to without telling you.

It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to call herself Jesus and drive around in a cabbage van.

SquishySquirmy Thu 10-Jun-21 16:19:21

It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to break into your home, stick a buttery knife into your jam, and remove the labels from all your tin cans, so you can't tell peaches from beans.

SquishySquirmy Thu 10-Jun-21 16:21:58

Oh sorry inadvertently duplicated your butter in the jam jar FindTheTruth
It was one of the most heinous acts I could think if and I for one am very glad this judgement does not give Maya the right to do that to my jam.

NecessaryScene Thu 10-Jun-21 16:22:11

It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to wrap Gregor Murray up in purple, white and green ribbon then use them as a yo-yo.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Thu 10-Jun-21 16:22:28

- It's important to emphasise that the ruling does NOT give Maya Forstater the right to eat all the ice lollies in your freezer and leave the empty box in there so you think there are some left.
This clarification also applies to choc ices.

JuneJustRains Thu 10-Jun-21 16:23:46

Yoyoing G. Murray just made me snurk in an open-plan office. Oops.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in